We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
About the Role
Instacart is seeking an experienced and driven Account Executive to join our Local Independent Grocery sales team. In this role, you will be responsible for creating and executing strategic growth initiatives with our channel partners, spearheading the creation and negotiation of new retailer partnerships, and building and maintaining a productive sales pipeline across the United States and Canada. As an Account Executive you will be the face of Instacart, and will help to build and maintain industry relationships at trade shows, conventions, and visiting retailers in person.
About the Team
Our Local Independent Grocery team (LIG) is a passionate group dedicated to solving complex problems for independent grocers and their wholesalers online and in store. We match their needs with the various technology solutions we have available on the Instacart Platform. We invest our time, resources, and energy into the independent grocery community to meet these retailers where they are in their digital journey. They are the bedrock and heartbeat of their local communities and our LIG team members are their trusted partners and advisors.
About the Job
- Develop and execute all aspects of a targeted sales strategy to generate leads and drive business growth
- Handle outbound calling, lead generation, and CRM management to identify potential partners and opportunities
- Collaborate and consult with channel partners to expand the reach and impact of our suite of retailer enablement tools
- Partner with Internal cross functional teams such as: account management, analytics, marketing, product and engineering to execute and launch various products within our retailer partnership strategy and to accomplish goals on tight deadlines
- Regularly attend trade events, conferences, and retailer meetings, representing the company and building a strong network in the industry
- Deliver data driven sales collateral, case studies, and custom ‘stories’ to translate benefits of Instacart’s platform into the business needs of retailers
- Establish a deep understanding of Instacart's business operations, including internal processes, functional group strategies, and establish competitive context
- Engage, educate, collaborate, and problem solve with external partners at all levels of the organization
- BA or BS college degree, or equivalent experience, or 5+ years relevant work experience
- Proven ability to execute against sales goals, initiatives, and foster alignment with strategic partners
- A collaborative team player who is comfortable working with multiple cross-functional stakeholders to unlock new opportunities
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build positive relationships, and engage across all levels in the organization
- Comfort with ambiguity and a rapidly evolving business landscape
- Highly organized, ability to lead multiple priority projects to closure
- Solid stakeholder management skills, both for internal and external stakeholders
- Curious and creative problem-solver who is open to feedback and coaching
- Able to travel
- Proficient in Salesforce
- Grocery, CPG, or related industry experience
- SaaS sales experience
- An MBA or graduate degree
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. This role also includes a Sales Incentive Plan. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.