Working Student: QA & Product Testing (German-speaking)
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
Handshake is looking for a driven and motivated QA & Product Testing Working Student to help us launch our product in new markets.
The QA & Product Testing Working Student (based in Berlin) is responsible for testing the international versions of Handshake’s product. They will be identifying, recording, and suggesting fixes to potential bugs in our apps relating to language, implementation, and user interface (UI) issues. This individual will be part of the product team and work closely with the engineering team, as well as external development partners, to help ensure that Handshake delivers an optimal user experience.
Test the localized version of the app by performing functional tests, regression tests, and exploratory tests on a variety of devices
Perform software testing based on business timelines and sprint schedules
Ensure that the app is free from grammatical errors, cultural inconsistencies and ultimately ensuring that the app is accurately localized into the German language
Identifying and correcting spelling, grammar, punctuation, and other language errors
Hunting for missing/wrong content and ensuring the proper localisation of date/time, calendar, currency and other representations
Ensuring the in-context accuracy of translations and consistency of terminology and imagery
Identify, isolate, and document bugs clearly and concisely in a bug database.
Create and execute test scripts, and checklists
Strong verbal and written communication skills (both English and German), organizational skills, and attention to detail
prior experience in software testing
Excellent analytical skills, an affinity for problem-solving, and the ability to understand complex relationships between product functionality and requirements
Experience of Software Localization as a QA Tester is a definite advantage.
Ability to cope under pressure and to work to tight deadlines.
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, London, and Berlin and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What we offer
Benefits below apply to employees in full-time positions.
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- 💰 Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼 16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝 Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻 Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚 Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 🏦 401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.
- 🏦 Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝 Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
For roles based in Berlin, Poland, and Romania: Please ask your recruiter about region specific benefits.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.