Senior Sales Development Representative, Enterprise
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
- How do you build a world class sales organization? By creating a best in class Sales Development Organization. We are actively looking to bring on the best and the brightest professionals to join our SDR team and help us transform one of the most important industries on the planet.
As a "SDR" you’ll be navigating organizations to set qualified meetings for our Account Executives. We need strong communicators, who are quick learners, and have a natural sales instinct to be the first impression on the front lines at Motive. We strive towards providing a best in class sales experience for our prospective customers, and you would be the voice of Motive on how we can help connect the world's trucks, and automate the world's freight.
What You'll Do:
What We're Looking For:
- Contact prospective clients through cold calls and emails
- Qualify accounts/prospects based on set criteria
- Identify prospects needs/challenges and suggest appropriate products/services
- Set up meetings/calls between prospective clients and Account Executives
- Reschedule/follow up with prospects if meetings do not occur
- Strong work ethic and drive
- Ability to handle rejection and persevere
- Strong communication skills
- Salesforce experience is a plus
- Previous cold calling experience is a plus
- Coach-ability and a team focused mindset
- Bachelors Degree Required
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits.
The compensation range for this position will depend on where you reside. For this role, the on-target earnings (base pay + commissions) are:
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.