Account Executive, Mid-Market, Utah/Colorado
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
A Mid-Market Account Executive at Motive is a highly motivated self-starter responsible for hunting, developing, and closing net-new business and expanding our offering with current customers. Our Mid Market AEs have a strong ownership attitude and are responsible for owning each sale end to end.
Open Territory: Utah/Colorado (must be based in/around territory)
A successful Mid-Market AE is coachable, receptive to feedback, has a willingness to learn and is open to embracing continuous improvement. Strong interpersonal skills, a strong technical aptitude, a high attention to detail and a natural ability to convey and relate ideas to others are required for this role. Because of the collaborative nature of our Sales team, a win-as-a-team mentality is a must. In this high-energy role, you should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, quota-driven environment and be flexible with changing processes.
- This is a work from home/remote job that would require travel to customer on-site meetings throughout the sales cycle
What You'll Do:
- You will be responsible for driving sales process with prospective customers
- Achieve all individual activity and revenue targets set by the company
- Bring feedback from customers and prospects to the product and engineering teams
- Provide recommendations based on a prospect’s business needs and negotiate contract terms
- Work across multiple departments to ensure common objectives are reached
What We're Looking For:
- 4+ years of demonstrated success direct sales experience in B2B sales
- Ability to work 6-month sales cycles with an average annual revenue per deal of $60k
- A true “hunter” mentality who strives for the close
- Experience utilizing value selling frameworks such as MEDDIC or MEDDPICC
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, quota-driven environment
- Commitment to outbound prospecting, managing and closing deals
- Experience selling into trucking, oil & gas, construction, transportation, logistics, compliance and/or safety a plus
- Understanding of technical tools: Salesforce, Google Suite, Slack etc
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits.
The compensation range for this position will depend on where you reside. For this role, the on-target earnings (base pay + commissions) are:
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.