Sales Engineer, Enterprise
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As an Enterprise Sales Engineer, you will have the opportunity to play an active part in increasing effectiveness, productivity, and revenue growth in the Sales Team. The Senior Sales Engineer will report directly to the Manager of Sales Engineering. They will be expected to have excellent interpersonal communication skills, technical comprehension, product expertise, business acumen, and overall industry knowledge.
What You'll Do:
- Partner and strategize with Enterprise Account Executives for discovery calls, product demonstrations, POC support and onsite meetings
- Will be capable of providing customized demonstrations of the Motive product offering to prospects spanning a multitude of roles
- Successfully match customer pains and requirements to proposed solutions
- Become an expert on Motive’s competition, lending your expertise to Enterprise AEs working on displacement deals
- Product expert, not only on Motive’s current offering but our roadmap as well
- Work with Enterprise AEs to respond to RFIs and RFPs
- Sales liaison between multiple internal organizations, including; Product, Engineering, Customer Success and Product Marketing
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum 5+ years working with Enterprise/Strategic-level sales prospects in a pre-sales/sales engineering capacity (SaaS and Hardware experience is a plus)
- EST/CST time zone(s) preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Consistent track record selling complex solutions
- Experience with Enterprise sales cycles
- Experience in the Transportation & Logistics industry is a plus
- Experience with APIs and integrations
- Bachelor's Degree required, Bachelor’s of Science preferred, MS a plus
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits.
The compensation range for this position will depend on where you reside. For this role, the on-target earnings (base pay + commissions) are:
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.