Staff Product Manager, Efficiency & Growth
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As a Staff Product Manager for Growth and Efficiency at Motive, you will partner closely with sales, analytics, finance, product leaders, designers, engineers, and other stakeholders to make our vision of enabling businesses to achieve exponential success a reality. In this role, we’ll be relying on you to own the success of mission-critical initiatives that will drive rapid company growth. You’ll need to quickly develop expert knowledge of our customers, our offerings, and the market. In return, you’ll receive visibility across the organization and will be a key voice in one of the most exciting companies in the transportation industry. This is a great time to join Motive, and we’re looking for heavy-hitters to join us on our mission.
This team is responsible for all growth initiatives and you will take ownership over a wide range of customer experiences across the customer lifecycle. You will work closely with design, engineering, and analytics to identify, define, and build features and launch experiments that generate insights into what our customers care about and drive impact for the business.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop new products & platforms and manage existing ones to create optimal customer experiences that help drive business growth, customer engagement and reduce churn
- Partner with business leaders from stakeholder teams on formulation and execution of digital strategy, vision and product roadmap
- Set and execute experiments to iteratively grow our business
- Nurture relationships with our customers to discover their needs and translate that into solutions that help them get more out of Motive.
- Partner closely with our design team to design product features that turn our customers into raving fans
- Partner closely with engineering to quickly and iteratively ship code that has a very high success rate
- Actively contribute to an amazing work culture
What We’re Looking For:
- 3-4 years experience in Growth capacity coupled with 6+ years of product management experience in an enterprise/B2B/SaaS company
- High customer empathy, with a desire to get in the shoes of our customers
- Proven experience in delivering commercially successful software products
- Strong technical skills and experience collaborating with engineering teams
- Action-orientation - willingness to quickly test and roll up your sleeves
- Have high “EQ”; be even-keeled, flexible, and able to quickly adapt to unexpected changes
- Be data-driven; you regularly seek out and use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with different personality types and seniority levels
- Experience working effectively with remote/offshore teams
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits.
The compensation range for this position will depend on where you reside. Motive uses three geographic zones to determine pay range. For this role, the compensation ranges are:
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.