Technical Project Manager - Hardware
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
The Technical Project Manager (TPM) role within the Motive Hardware organization is a role intended for those individuals who are willing to take total ownership of firmware projects and drive them to a successful completion. The TPM will coordinate the contributions of a wide variety of internal and external software and firmware teams to deliver projects on time, on budget, and within specification. The TPM will aid individual groups in creating and tracking test plans and responding to product issues found during testing. As the product matures, the TPM will aid the go-to-market process, helping organizations prepare for the launch of the product.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare formal project plans including schedules and deliverables, including those from the firmware team and other teams as needed.
- Administer a formal review process to validate each development phase has completed successfully, and the product is ready for the next phase
- Monitor progress of projects and report status, plans, and issues to management
- Develop and implement strategies to minimize schedule and technical risk
- Help validate that test plans are complete and that testing is completed successfully.
- Respond to issues that develop during the project by coordinating resolution amongst multiple groups.
- Coach engineers, Product Managers and leads on effective processes and best practices.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in the development and management of firmware projects.
- Experience should include project scheduling, resource allocation, task management, risk management and other basic
- Project Management functions
- Experience managing projects that include multiple teams at multiple sites.
- Experience managing outsourced firmware or software projects.
- Ability to lead without authority and prioritize effectively in ambiguous situations.
- Capacity to work in a fast paced, continuously changing environment.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.