Senior Product Manager, Enterprise Platform
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
Are you passionate about defining and building products that can change how the trucking industry operates? We are looking for an entrepreneurial Product Manager to lead the Enterprise strategy which will help companies in the physical economy improve key workflows for greater operational efficiency. This is an exciting opportunity to spearhead a strategic product area for the company that has direct executive involvement. You will lead the product line and collaborate with a senior engineering team on execution. This product area has significant breadth where you will build features across web and mobile, using technologies from mapping to machine learning, for a wide variety of customers. To succeed in this role, you should be comfortable owning a complex product area of high scope and impact, be solid in execution, have sufficient depth of understanding of customer needs to simplify solutions for them, and be able to inspire a cross functional team to deliver. Being entrepreneurial and having a growth mindset is key.
Product Managers at Motive are responsible for the complete product offering, from early stage research and ideation, through implementation and iteration based on key success metrics. We are always growing, learning, and adapting, in and out of the office. You’ll be joining a team that is highly engaged, competent and direct. We help each other to constantly improve our work and reach our potential. We’re dedicated to being agile, which means we’re constantly learning about our users’ experience and iterating as much as necessary to improve it. We also know all too well the importance of validating assumptions about users and use various types of testing to ensure we're right (or discover where we're wrong). It’s all about improving our user’s experience—no matter who or where it is.
What You’ll Do:
- Actively contribute to an amazing work culture
- Own the Motive App Marketplace integration engine and platform as well as all 3rd party integrations
- Drive compelling developer experiences on the platform, challenge the status quo and champion an API-first culture across the platform
- Develop, maintain and execute against a clear product roadmap for the Motive App Marketplace product that aligns with company goals and objectives
- Analyze internal and external data, as well as market and competitive trends, to inform strategic decisions around our product offerings and go-to-market approach
- Work with Motive’s existing partnerships team to develop and maintain partners and identify opportunities for new partnerships
- Prioritize & drive execution of products working with cross-functional teams (engineering, embedded, data science, design, marketing & other teams)
- Manage the product development lifecycle, from ideation to launch and ongoing maintenance
- Incorporate feedback and input from customers, partners and in-house teams on product strategy and find ways to expand product market reach
- Engage with our customers often, and become their champion
- Define data-driven outcomes and hold yourself accountable to them
- Recognized as the expert on product integrations at Motive
What We’re Looking For:
We don’t expect you to be able to tick every box. We prioritize culture and values fit above everything.
- Proven software product management experience (5+ years minimum)
- Strong understanding of the complete software development lifecycle
- Be data-driven and make evidence-based decisions
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Experience with Jira, Coda, Asana, Figma or similar product management tools
- Experience converting research and knowledge into useful product requirements
- Experience with data ingestion and integrations
- Experience with data platforms and APIs
- Experience with Snowflake is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with different personality types and seniority levels
- Experience working with large complex platforms which require customization to serve the needs of large enterprises
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits.
The compensation range for this position will depend on where you reside. Motive uses three geographic zones to determine pay range. For this role, the compensation ranges are:
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.