Lead, Safety and Compliance Strategy
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
Motive is looking for a Lead, Safety and Compliance Strategy. In this role, you will work internally across Motive’s different teams and also externally to provide thought leadership in the safety and compliance arena. You will provide context to enhance risk, safety, and compliance strategies. You would also enable internal Sales teams on the value customers are seeking via enhanced safety & compliance, influence the productization of value-added Professional Services, and build brand awareness for Motive via attending conferences, writing white papers/articles & other speaking engagements.
What You’ll Do:
Sales Development: Share best practices from other enterprise telematics providers, identify key target prospects within prioritized verticals, develop growth strategy recommendations leveraging key accounts, and help guide a product development roadmap that aligns with the growth strategy. Collaborate with the Sales Development team to ensure safety best practice considerations are incorporated into sales initiatives. Provide support and guidance in addressing safety and compliance-related inquiries from potential clients. Assist in the development of sales collateral and proposals that highlight the organization's commitment to safety.
Which verticals should Motive attack and why?
● What product capabilities would be required to compete in these verticals?
● How should we prioritize development for the greatest return
● Which strategic accounts should be targeted and why?
● How could we leverage key clients for case studies and as references?
● In what ways could be develop a “team” selling approach to connect Motive’s leaders with their respective counterparts at strategic accounts (e.g., legal, technical, human capital)
Professional Services: Collaborate with the Professional Services team to integrate safety and compliance best practices into client engagements by providing value-added services to clients as part of the pre and post sales process. Deployments with enterprise fleets are complex processes that require careful planning and broad stakeholder involvement. A team would first engage new clients by conducting discovery to reveal areas where Motive could drive efficiency, reduce claims cost, and eliminate other pain points. Then, the team would develop and drive customized client onboarding plans taking into account various stakeholder touch points such as: driver communication, supervisor training, installation practices and human capital implications. These professional engagements provide clients with the following:
● Customization of the Motive program and feature settings to optimize maximum efficiency and reduce claims costs.
● Standard communication tools and templates for program rollout
● Hardware installation planning to minimize operational impact
● Training for users of the Motive system
● Scoping of KPIs and business intelligence needs
Brand Awareness/Regulatory Advocacy: Seek to improve awareness of the Motive brand by soliciting speaking engagements (e.g., panels at conferences), recording podcasts, authoring articles and leveraging other channels of thought leadership. In addition, you would broaden Motive’s involvement in relevant trade associations. For example, you would serve as Motive’s representative at meetings of the American Trucking Associations, Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance, Canadian Trucking Alliance, National Private Truck Council along with other state and national associations. This involvement would also yield benefits in terms of regulatory and legislative advocacy on matters of interest to Motive.
What We're Looking For:
- 12 plus years of successful experience within fleet safety industry
- 5 plus years of working with safety or fleet management telematics technology
- One or more of experiences within transportation segments (Waste, Oil/Gas, Trucking, Services, Transit and Federal or State Government)
- Have a record of successful development and implementing risk, safety and prevention programs that reduce risk and injuries and overall cost.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, DOT, EPA, FMCSR regulations
- Experience in safety program development, implementation, monitoring, and reporting.
- A strong consultative and coaching abilities within your organizations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to influence
- Flexibility to travel up to 60%
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.