Director, Enablement Business Partners
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
Motive’s Enablement Team plays a critical role in the strategic implementation of key business initiatives. Every team member has a crucial part in helping us fulfill our mission: To ensure that new and existing frontline team members are equipped with the information, skills and behaviors they need to win.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Director of Enablement Business Partners to join our Revenue team. The selected candidate will play a pivotal role in our sales organization's success by leading our team of Enablement Business Partners (EBPs), each responsible for providing strategic enablement support to their assigned sales segments spanning Sales, Sales Development and Customer Success.
- Team Leadership:
- Lead and manage the EBPs, setting clear performance expectations, conducting regular evaluations (MBRs), and providing guidance, mentorship, and development.
- Inspire the team to maintain a high standard in key business partner competencies:
- Business Acumen
- L&D Expertise/Needs Analysis
- Program Management & Prioritization
- Stakeholder Management and Influence
- Change Management
- Presentation & Communication Skills
- Leading through frontline leaders
- Partner with the Onboarding Program Manager to ensure EBPs are doing their part to accelerate new hire ramp-up and productivity across all segments.
- Work closely with other departments, such as Product, Marketing, PMM, Business Value Services, to ensure seamless collaboration and alignment on go-to-market strategy.
- Lead the EBP collaboration with Senior Sales Leaders to develop and implement segment-specific competency maps, enablement strategies and training roadmaps.
- Ensure that the enablement programs are aligned with the sales process, buyer's journey, and product roadmap.
- Collaborate with the Sales Operations and Enablement Analytics teams to gather and analyze data related to sales performance, productivity, and revenue attainment.
- Utilize data-driven insights to identify areas for improvement and recommend targeted enablement initiatives to address sales challenges.
- Monitor industry trends and best practices to continuously enhance the effectiveness of enablement programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field; MBA preferred.
- Proven experience (10 years) in sales enablement or sales operations with a track record of success in leading teams and driving revenue growth.
- Deep understanding of sales methodologies, processes, and best practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to leverage data to make informed decisions.
- Verifiably successful experience in Sales or Business Development
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to influence and motivate stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Expert ability to build relationships, influence, and promote a work environment focused on team development and constant coaching
- Expertise in ADDIE, Kirkpatrick’s evaluation model, Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, Bloom’s Taxonomy, and other adult learning theory
- Passion for continuous learning and staying up-to-date with industry trends and best practices.
Joining our dynamic and high-performing team offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the success of our company while advancing your career in a challenging and rewarding environment. If you are a proactive leader with a passion for driving sales excellence through strategic enablement, we would love to hear from you.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.