Director, Product Management (Fleet Management)
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
We are not solving a small problem, and we're not addressing a small market. We are addressing significant issues faced by trillion-dollar industries that power the physical economy, including logistics, transportation, food & beverage, plumbers, HVAC, construction, and oil & gas. These businesses continue to be the lifelines of our economy. The opportunity here is enormous, and you will have a massive impact. As a Director of Product, you will play a critical role in managing and executing on our core fleet management products. These products are the lifelines of our customers and the most used capabilities that Motive has to offer. You will lead a team of PMs responsible for delivering amazing end user experiences and highly customizable & performant products for a variety of customers across many sizes, verticals & markets. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to understand customers' needs, identify market opportunities, and develop strategies to drive growth and adoption of our products and services.
What You’ll Do:
- As a Director of Product (Management role), you will play a critical role in leading our core fleet management products
- You will work closely with cross-functional teams to understand customers' needs in different verticals, identify market opportunities, and develop strategies to drive growth and adoption of our products and services
- Conduct market and customer research to identify opportunities and challenges in various verticals
- Define clear product requirements based on a deep understanding of customer needs
- Collaborate with other product managers to ensure a cohesive and compelling product experience across all areas
- Collaborate with GTM teams to develop sales strategies and marketing campaigns
- Analyze performance metrics to measure the success of product launches
What We’re Looking For:
- 8+ years of product management experience with expertise in managing enterprise SaaS products at scale
- You have high "EQ" and the ability to handle multiple competing priorities and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- You are excited to evolve our experiences into supporting new capabilities
- You work diligently to understand customers' mindsets and enjoy delivering delightful experiences quickly
- You are comfortable and confident sharing your thoughts in verbal or written form
- You can engage constructively in debate and discussion with different personality types and seniority levels
- You are a trailblazer who is humble, kind, and open to learning new stuff
- You can take a stand yet commit even when you disagree
- You have a strong bias to action and are unafraid to get your hands dirty
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.