Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
The Enterprise Architect, Enterprise Systems is responsible for architectural design and implementation, including both hands-on practical work and technical leadership of our organization. We are looking for a dynamic and self-motivated person with a strong customer focus, excellent communication skills, and the ability to lead new initiatives in a multicultural, dynamic environment. This position will report into the VP of Enterprise Systems.
What You'll Do:
- Design and implement scalable technical solutions for Lead to Cash (L2C) systems which include the full set of Salesforce platforms, Zuora, Netsuite and many other integrated applications.
- Design user focused and innovative Salesforce solutions involving configuration of Salesforce, AppExchange packages, creation of complex data models, external integration, business process automation and custom functionality to solve business requirements.
- Effectively partner with technology teams to define and implement elegant, scalable and sustainable technical solutions translating business value into systems, services, and solutions using Salesforce technologies with best practices in mind.
- Lead L2C architecture and technical team; design, create and enhance application architecture and shape the architectural vision and roadmap for the organization.
- Work in a consultative fashion to improve communication, collaboration and alignment amongst teams inside and outside of the organization.
- Define overall architectural principles and framework.
- Work with the technical teams to establish best practices, standards and operational guidelines, with focus on continuous improvement of platform reliability and serviceability.
- Be the lead subject matter expert in driving the industry best practices for the L2C ecosystem and associated integrated tools.
- Drive research, case studies, and prototypes on leading edge technologies and how they can be leveraged
- Stay current on L2C system releases, new features, product roadmaps and applications available from 3rd parties.
What We're Looking For:
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science with at least 3 years management or leadership experience in this field.
- 4+ years as Technical Architect independently designing and delivering complex projects in Salesforce.
- Deep experience from the top of the LeadGen funnel, through Opportunity, CPQ, fulfillment, billing, revrec, provisioning, supply chain and fulfillment processes in a SaaS & recurring revenue company.
- Strong understanding of Security best practices including Salesforce Security model, Threat modeling, and least privileged / zero trust access models
- Hands-on experience in Salesforce configuration / customization using Apex, Visualforce, Triggers, Scheduled and Batch classes, Salesforce Shield, Lighting web components (LWC).
- Ability to develop technical performance architecture that solves most complex performance issues.
- Ability to create an environment for honest and open discussion to resolve critical issues by collaborating with team members.
- Experience coordinating and working effectively with global teams
- Require excellent technical skills and outstanding analytical and influencing skills paired with great business insight.
- Excellent written communication skills with ability to present complex ideas in clear and concise documents to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and thrive in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Experience with devops and Source Code management Tools
- Experience with Agile methodologies, including scrum and continuous integration environments (Copado, Jenkins, Autorabit etc).
- Experience with integrating Salesforce.com with 3rd party applications using SOAP/REST API, Middleware, etc.
- Salesforce Certified Technical Architect or at least one architect certification (Certified Application Architect or Certified System Architect) preferred.
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.