Senior Manager, Enterprise Sales Engineering
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As a Senior Manager of Enterprise Sales Engineering, you will lead and guide a dynamic team of technical pre-sales professionals to enhance effectiveness, productivity, and drive revenue growth within the Sales Team. Reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Sales Engineering, you will be responsible for fostering a collaborative environment that thrives on excellent interpersonal communication skills, technical comprehension, product expertise, business acumen, and overall industry knowledge.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and mentor a team of Sales Engineers, collaborating closely with Enterprise/Strategic Account Executives for discovery calls, product demonstrations, POC support, and onsite meetings.
- Oversee the delivery of customized demonstrations of the Motive product offering to prospects across various roles, ensuring alignment with customer needs and requirements.
- Oversee and institute best practices for Motive’s Proof of Concept process.
- Act as a subject matter expert on Motive's product offerings, both current and future roadmap, and guide your team to provide comprehensive insights to Enterprise/Strategic Account Executives working on displacement deals.
- Drive the team's response to RFIs and RFPs, working in tandem with Enterprise AEs to deliver compelling proposals.
- Serve as a key sales liaison between multiple internal organizations, including Product, Engineering, Customer Success, and Product Marketing, ensuring seamless collaboration and communication.
- Strategically navigate Enterprise sales cycles, leveraging your expertise to contribute to successful deal closures.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and competition, providing strategic guidance to the team and stakeholders.
- Partner with Business Value Services to ensure the quantifiable value of Motive’s product offerings is represented in every deal.
What We're Looking For:
- Proven leadership experience with a minimum of 5+ years in a managerial role within Enterprise/Strategic-level sales engineering or pre-sales.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Bachelor’s of Science preferred, Master's a plus.
- Understanding and/or training on value selling concepts, methodologies, or other related trainings (MEDDIC/MEDDPICC/Demo2Win/Command of the Message/etc).
- Prior experience as an individual contributing Sales Engineer
- Experience managing Enterprise sales cycles (Transportation & Logistics industry is a plus).
- Experience with integration projects.
- Experience with hardware, cloud software, IOT, and AI/ML a plus.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills with a consistent track record of successfully selling complex solutions.
- Strong communication skills, both in leading a team and in client interactions.
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.