Credit Underwriting Manager, Commercial
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As an experienced underwriting manager, you will be responsible for underwriting large commercial clients, contributing to the development, execution, and maintenance of strategies and policies that enable growth while managing risk for middle market and enterprise clients. You should have significant experience underwriting large deals exceeding $1M, perform ratio analysis, financial analysis, end-to-end underwriting lifecycle, and risk assessment.
You’ll help design and build scalable processes that mitigate risk from new and existing customers. The successful candidate will work closely with members of our sales, data science, product management, and other stakeholders to deliver best in class customer experience.
What You'll Do:
- Perform financial analysis, account analysis, industry analysis, and administrative responsibilities related to onboarding new and existing clients
- Help develop and implement policy, procedures, and standards that reduce risk during the underwriting process
- Conduct in-depth bank & financial statement analysis for middle market and enterprise clients, including preparing credit memorandums for approval by head of risk
- Perform ongoing portfolio management, identify emerging risk trends, and provide recommendations
- Underwrite large Commercial Clients ($1M+)
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in underwriting in a high-growth payments, financial services, or fintech company
- Subject matter expert level underwriting and management of large enterprise sized clients in the lending or card space
- Strong statistical analysis background and or SAS/SQL/Python skillset is a strong plus
- Possess strong written, verbal, and presentation skills to communicate effectively across a variety of audiences
- Advanced background working with and drawing conclusions from quantitative and qualitative data
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to self-manage to ensure highest-priority work is completed
- Must be able to manipulate large amounts of data, extract key insights, and clearly and concisely communicate actionable recommendations based upon your findings
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits.
The compensation range for this position will depend on where you reside. For this role, the on-target earnings (base pay + commissions) are:
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.