Account Executive, Enterprise
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As an Enterprise Account Executive at Motive, you are responsible for developing and closing business with Motive’s largest prospects. You will sell into the most impactful companies in Canada that power the physical economy. We are seizing the opportunity created by our strong product positioning in the market by heavily investing across all Go-To-Market (GTM) teams within our Enterprise segment. You will lead the charge, selling the value of our products and the business outcomes that can be achieved in partnership with Motive.
Our Enterprise Account Executives sell across multiple industries, including trucking, oil & gas, construction, agriculture, manufacturing, consumer transit, or any other business that requires a fleet of vehicles. You are receptive to feedback, have a willingness to learn, a strong technical aptitude, and a high attention to detail. Because of the collaborative nature of our Go-to-Market team, a win-as-a-team mentality is a must. In this high-energy role, you should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with high standards of quality.
What You'll Do:
- Prospect and win new Enterprise business through developing key executive relationships within key prospects to drive expansion of that business with all key accounts, growing share of wallet through developing a deep understanding of each client’s business and identifying opportunities for additional collaboration
- Harness key Executive relationships to ensure RFP wins and grow contractual-based business
- Partner with the balance of your account team and leverage customer analytics and other available resources to optimize buying decisions
- Resolve problems, including identifying issues, thinking critically to determine the optimal course of action, and implementing best available solutions
- Work with technical resources to display to prospects the power of integrations & how our partner ecosystem increases the value of our hardware and software
- Effectively plan to meet and exceed your ongoing business goals and revenue quotas
- Develop a deep understanding of our technology platform and operations, using that understanding and market input to bring back iterations to our business
- Constantly study and deepen understanding of market trends to enable consultative insight
- You have deep Enterprise sales experience partnering with F1000 clients across Canada
- 4+ years of SaaS or industry relevant Enterprise field sales experience required
- Telematics, SaaS, and Logistics experience a plus
- You show a strong track record of exceeding quotas and rapidly growing your book over time backed up by data
- You have an ability to build rapport with executive decision-makers, influencing outcomes through both an understanding of the customer’s business and the unique solutions that Motive can deliver
- You show a history of working independently with a data-driven mindset for charting a path to short, medium, and long-term sales goals
- You have best-in-class communication skills, with the ability to successfully convey key value propositions and quick manage objections
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.