Internal Audit and Risk Officer Lekki, Nigeria
Nomba is a fully licensed payment service provider in Nigeria that serves more than 300,000 businesses - from solo-preneurs to large organizations - with payment solutions to help them grow and thrive. Nomba provides point-of-sale terminals, management and banking tools and other tools that makes it easier for businesses to accept offline and online payments, manage sales and do business better.
Since launching in 2016 as “Kudi.ai”, a chatbot integration that responds to financial requests on social apps, Nomba has evolved over the years into a profitable, omnichannel payment service provider. The company supports more than 250 employees working together to power businesses with a wide range of payment solutions, as well as management and banking tools that enable better business processes and support business owners to be better at doing business. The company processes over $1 billion in monthly transactions, which represents a market leading gross transaction value (GTV) for a payment service provider in Africa.
About the role
- Development of the risk register for the Company and ongoing monitoring and assessments of risks captured in the risk register to enable the identification of top risks, potential new risks or emerging risks.
- Provide second-line oversight and support to ensure the Company’s risk appetite, control framework and policies are clearly documented, communicated and adhered to.
- Monitor and assess operational risk exposures, events, and business and IT incidents to ensure such cases are appropriately escalated.
- Own allocated risks in the risk register and facilitate regular risk and control assessments. This may include strategic, insurance, operational (including data, IT and cyber security), and financial risks.
- Provide input into the annual business strategy and planning processes to ensure strategic risks are identified, appropriately considered and documented.
- Create and maintain appropriate key risk indicators (KRIs) and trigger limits to track the trends in risk exposures
- Ensure appropriate and insightful risk reporting including reporting to the Risk Committee and development and monitoring of KRIs.
- Embedding an appropriate risk culture.
- Collaborate with internal partners to ensure effective key controls are appropriately designed and are operating effectively to mitigate identified risks
- Lead, contribute and/or deliver risk assessments, training and awareness initiatives on behalf of the Risk team as may be required
- Develop the enterprise risk management strategy that safeguards the Company, customers, investors and reputation.
- Identify level of conformance with established rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Implement internal audit tasks in areas of risk management and internal control.
- Obtain, analyse and evaluate accounting documentation, reports, data, flowcharts etc.
- Recommend ways to improve the efficiency of the company’s financial reporting systems.
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion and cost savings methods.
- Review all financial materials and procedures in order to spot errors, inefficiencies or instances of misuse.
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- 4-6 years experience in Risk and Internal Audit, preferably in financial services
- Proactive team player with interpersonal skills
- Analytical and detail-oriented with an ability to think logically and critically.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to Fraud Risk Management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation