Fraud Management Lead Lekki, Nigeria
Nomba is a fully licensed payment service provider in Nigeria that serves more than 300,000 businesses - from solo-preneurs to large organizations - with payment solutions to help them grow and thrive. Nomba provides point-of-sale terminals, management and banking tools and other tools that makes it easier for businesses to accept offline and online payments, manage sales and do business better.
Since launching in 2016 as “Kudi.ai”, a chatbot integration that responds to financial requests on social apps, Nomba has evolved over the years into a profitable, omnichannel payment service provider. The company supports more than 250 employees working together to power businesses with a wide range of payment solutions, as well as management and banking tools that enable better business processes and support business owners to be better at doing business. The company processes over $1 billion in monthly transactions, which represents a market leading gross transaction value (GTV) for a payment service provider in Africa.
About the role
- Constantly monitor customer and transaction records to identify unauthorized transactions and fraudulent accounts and activities including identity theft, account takeover, friendly fraud, and other identified risks.
- Coordinate information requests and analyze performance reports to identify potential risk
areas, and escalate to the product team where necessary. Perform data management and analysis on fraud cases.
- Recognize patterns of fraud and suggest new methods of detection, mitigation, and prevention.
- Test and provide feedback on process and system improvements that are based on changing fraud trends and patterns.
- Understanding of financial crimes and current fraud trends, in particular cyber fraud means and threats; and an in-depth knowledge of the cards business, risk management concepts and practices, and performance implications of policies/actions
- Work closely with internal functions including Disputes, Recoveries, Customer Service, and Compliance.
- Monitor debit card fraud alerts daily and take necessary action to protect customers and the bank.
- Ensure investigations and resolutions comply with applicable laws, bank policy, and industry leading practices to reduce the company's exposure to civil litigation.
- Effectively communicate with appropriate authorities to resolve fraud concerns.
- Maintain a high level of customer service while addressing customer, merchant, and bank requests through phone calls, emails or any medium of communication.
- Advise organization on current trends regarding chargeback related issues/regulations.
- Dictate and arrest all fraudulent acts in relation to any transaction by any customer.
- Expand and liaise with other fraud analysts in other financial institutions to enable quick feedback on any fraudulent transaction.
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- 5-8 years experience in the Fraud Team of a financial institution. Experience with Risk Management will be an added advantage
- Possess the ability to identify, assess, monitor, control, and mitigate risks
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the requirements and security policies in the payment industry relevant to Fraud Risk Management.
- Well-versed in risk handling procedures, data safeguarding tools, and electronic payment fraudulent activities