Technical Lead (Core Finance) Lekki, Nigeria
Nomba is a fully licensed payment service provider in Nigeria that serves more than 300,000 businesses - from solo-preneurs to large organizations - with payment solutions to help them grow and thrive. Nomba provides point-of-sale terminals, management and banking tools and other tools that makes it easier for businesses to accept offline and online payments, manage sales and do business better.
Since launching in 2016 as “Kudi.ai”, a chatbot integration that responds to financial requests on social apps, Nomba has evolved over the years into a profitable, omnichannel payment service provider. The company supports more than 250 employees working together to power businesses with a wide range of payment solutions, as well as management and banking tools that enable better business processes and support business owners to be better at doing business. The company processes over $1 billion in monthly transactions, which represents a market leading gross transaction value (GTV) for a payment service provider in Africa.
About the role
As Technical Lead Manager (TLM), you will be responsible for all levels of our vast technology stack from design to deployment; developing intelligent and resilient mission-critical systems which handle hundreds of millions of dollars in transactions monthly. You will also be responsible for significant architectural decisions, guiding the rest of the team technically, managing your team's work and workload and using all of the tools at your disposal along with your initiative to get stuff done.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements to existing services.
- Manage your team, providing mentoring, code reviews, architectural design etc.
- Design and delegate work tasks amongst your team and manage your team's workload.
- Performance review direct reports and continuously maintain and improve team's output.
- Take full responsibility for products throughout their entire lifecycle, from design to development to maintenance to decommission.
- You will join fast-paced team of engineers
- You will be a point of call for technical matters
- 5+ years experience developing in Java (Spring Boot or Dropwizard frameworks) in a professional capacity
- 5+ years experience developing with MongoDB or relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- 3+ years experience developing NodeJS in a professional capacity
- Previous experience working in a modern fintech organisation/environment.
- Knowledge of fundamental computing topics, e.g. networking, databases, concurrency, parallelism, locking, algorithms, data structures, performance monitoring, optimisation, etc.
- Bachelors or higher in Computer STEM course.
- Strong affinity for technical design, testing and system architecture
- Experience working with containers
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously and lead technically
Nice to have
- Experience with Rust
- Experience with Python
Note: The job description provided is a general overview and may be customised to align with the specific needs and requirements of the company and its ongoing projects.