State Coordinator (Sales) - All States Lagos, Nigeria
Nomba is a fully licensed payment service provider in Nigeria that serves more than 300,000 businesses - from solo-preneurs to large organizations - with payment solutions to help them grow and thrive. Nomba provides point-of-sale terminals, management and banking tools and other tools that makes it easier for businesses to accept offline and online payments, manage sales and do business better.
Since launching in 2016 as “Kudi.ai”, a chatbot integration that responds to financial requests on social apps, Nomba has evolved over the years into a profitable, omnichannel payment service provider. The company supports more than 250 employees working together to power businesses with a wide range of payment solutions, as well as management and banking tools that enable better business processes and support business owners to be better at doing business. The company processes over $1 billion in monthly transactions, which represents a market leading gross transaction value (GTV) for a payment service provider in Africa.
About the Role:
- Responsible for driving the growth and expansion of Micro-merchants and Agents network in assigned State
- Ensure retention of acquired customers to foster recurring sales and revenue
- Provide operational support for Partners, Merchants and Agents within the state
- Collaborate with POS team to reduce downtime in terminal activity of agents and micro-merchants
- Manage and provide leadership for Direct Sales Officers
- Set activity and acquisition targets for sales officers on a monthly basis
- Monitor factors impacting sales performance in the assigned state and give recommendations for improvement.
- Provide administrative oversight for Sales officers within the assigned state and manage the State Office where available and ensure efficient running.
Key Result Areas:
- Achievement of current Acquisition and Revenue targets for the state
- At least 80% Terminal Activity Ratio for Agents & Merchants
- Terminal retrieval, repair and deployment within stipulated SLA
- Achievement of lead conversion goals for relevant business verticals
- B.Sc/HND in Business, Marketing, and any related course.
- Relevant prior 2-3+ years experience in Agency Banking in a Financial institution or Sales Executive in FMCG
- In-depth understanding of the payment card industry
- Good knowledge of sales dynamics, business development and competitor analysis
- Business Analytics skills and data presentation