ALM Treasury Senior Analyst
Nu was born in 2013 with the mission to fight complexity to empower people in their daily lives by reinventing financial services. We are one of the world’s largest digital banking platforms, serving millions of customers across Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia.
About the role
To execute the daily Treasury/ALM activities, covering from the plain vanilla to the most complex structures. Management of general funding activities, bonds portfolio, overall liquidity and collateral requirements. Execution of a high-level Asset and Liability management, controlling gaps, and avoiding unnecessary large exposures. Provide proper inputs about the local financial market's dynamics.
You'll be responsible for
- Managing the funding position including designing and executing the funding strategies and managing/maintaining an adequate liquidity position. Treasury/ALM is the single face of Nubank to the market, and is solely responsible for execution, structuring, and pricing of fund-raising.
- Undertaking the balance sheet management including providing analytics and suggest strategies for the Nubank Colombia balance sheet aligned with risk appetite as well as developing Treasury/ALM as a center of competence within Nubank Colombia, communicating and coordinating with other parts of the group, and driving the planning of Treasury/ALM financial activities.
- Managing the liquidity books - the liquidity buffer itself as well as the other investments to minimize the cost of the liquidity buffer complying with the regulations and internal policies.
- Managing the execution of capital - developing options for capital structuring, executing the capital raising instructions, driving the creation of a capital supply and the creation of capital story for investors.
- Managing the securities finance arrangements, optimizing the risk-return in utilization of the cash and securities balance sheet within an appropriate prudential framework and risk appetite.
- Managing the liquidity transformation, intermediating the flow of funds across Nubank to ensure the efficient transfer and disbursement of funds, and deliver transparency around the sources of income across the bank. Treasury/ALM is responsible for all internal funding transformations.
- Developing and creating reports and models that allow adequate monitoring of the different indicators that impact the Treasury/ALM.
- Developing and supporting on FTP Models.
- Ensuring the execution of the ALM framework defined by the ALCO Committee and report any inconsistency if any.
- Developing and implementing new investment and funding sources.
We are looking for a person who has
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Economics, among others
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar job position
- Experience in Colombia local markets, and international fixed income markets.
- Understanding of traded cash and derivatives instruments.
- Experience with high level ALM execution, controlling mismatches, avoiding large concentrated liabilities, among others.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
- Health and life insurance
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- Nucleo - Our learning platform of courses
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Vacations of 15 workdays
- Gym partnership
Our Nu Way of Working
Our work model is hybrid and has cycles that can be from two to three months according to the business of expertise. For every eight or two weeks of remote work, one will be at the office.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Nu, we want to be sure that we're building a more diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the customers we serve and seek to empower. That's why we hire based on equality. We consider gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, and other identity markers as enriching elements to our company while ensuring neither of them represent a barrier when recruiting fantastic talent.