Controllership Analyst - Accounts Payable
Nubank is one of the world's largest digital financial services platforms, with around 54 million customers in Brazil, Mexico and Colombia. As one of the world's leading technology companies, Nubank leverages its technology and innovation to create new financial solutions for individuals and SMEs that are simple, intuitive, convenient, low-cost and human. Guided by its mission to fight complexity and empower people, Nubank is advancing access to financial services in Latin America, connecting profit and purpose to create value and positively impact the communities in which it operates. For more information, visit www.nu.com.co.
About Our Controllership Chapter
We are producing reliable and traceable accounting and finance information, supporting the company's growth through a robust, reliable and scalable process with a focus on data and analytics. We are responsible for bringing together all of Nubank's financial data, monitoring it, making sure that everything is accounted for in our systems. We are also in charge of all the regulatory and financial reports, cash management and financial operations for Nubank.
As a Controllership Analyst (Accounts Payable), you'll be expected to:
- Support invoices reviews and accounts payable procedures to allow payment (Colombia + Off Shore), suppliers, payroll, taxes, corporate credit card, among others.
- Support reimbursement processes, Concur travel support and payments of client devolutions.
- Monthly prepare general reconciliation controls (bank accounts, interest received, among others) and investment accounting.
- Prepare supporting documentation for internal, external and regulatory audits.
- Support the migration process to SAP.
We are looking for a Controllership Analyst (Accounts Payable) professional who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Professional experience of 4+ years working in financial institutions with internal controls, conciliations, constructing financial controls, accounting closing, among others
- Strong technical accounting knowledge including IFRS
- Support internal and external audits to ensure compliance of product accounting and regulatory reporting;
- Ability to tackle complex problems involving a number of topics/variables, such as business, regulatory, operations and product features.
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills and able to communicate well with different stakeholders
- Solid analytical background and data-driven mindset. Must be comfortable manipulating big and small datasets to make decisions (SQL knowledge is desirable).
- Advanced use of Excel and Google suite.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Upper Intermediate English level. Must be comfortable with oral and written communication.
The position is based in Bogotá, Colombia.
- Equity at Nu
- Life insurance
- Health insurance
- NuLanguage Program
- NuCare Program
- Extended Parental Leave
Diversity and Inclusion at Nu
We want to build products and experiences for everyone who wants to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of our team recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.
Nubank continues to hire for all open roles, all interviewing and onboarding is done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will be working from home for 7 weeks and 1 at the office (Bogotá).