Risk Management Analyst - Operational Risk
Nu was born in 2013 with the mission to fight complexity to empower people in their daily lives by reinventing financial services. We are one of the world’s largest digital banking platforms, serving millions of customers across Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia. For more information, visit our institutional page.
Operational Risk & Internal Controls at Nubank
Our mission is to maintain and constantly improve the operational risk management process in order to ensure a sustainable growth for Nubank. With that in mind, we analyze current risks and identify potential ones that may affect our journey.
Launching a fintech company in a new country is a highly complex project and it requires our team to identify, assess and respond to risks. As the Risk Management Specialist - Operational Risk at Nu Colombia, you will contribute to build the path to Nu Colombia to be a SFC regulated entity by translating risk management business needs to concrete solutions and automatizing activities to make the operational risk management procedures more efficient. This is a unique opportunity to be part of the growth of a fintech company and build strong processes based on data analytics; for that you will be working closely with the risk teams in Brazil.
As Risk Management Specialist, you will work closely with the Operational Risk Manager to ensure that your roadmap is in line with the business growth at all times, and align global defense strategies with local needs. You will enable the Operational Risk Manager to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders. This is a very strategic role that requires a combination of focus and flexibility, as well as a willingness to roll up your sleeves and play an active role in managing data and present results to different stakeholders.
As an Operational Risk Management Analyst, you are expected to:
- Implement the procedures to continuously identify, monitor, measure and assess the Processes, Operational Risks and Controls in Nu Colombia.
- Translate operational risk management business needs to concrete processes and tools that solve problems.
- Connect global methodologies with local and regulatory requirements.
- Identification, assessment and prioritization of risks.
- Identification and testing of controls.
- Support the GRC system Implementation.
We are looking for an Operational Risk Management Analyst, who has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Finance or related fields.
- At least 5+ years of previous experience working with Operational Risk processes.
- Proven experience supporting implementations (GRC)
- Fluent English
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
- Health and life insurance
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- Nucleo - Our learning platform of courses
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Vacations of 15 workdays
- Gym partnership
Our Nu Way of Working
Our work model is hybrid and has cycles that can be from two to three months according to the business of expertise. For every eight or twelve weeks of remote work, one will be at the office. Check more information here.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Nu, we want to be sure that we're building a more diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the customers we serve and seek to empower. That's why we hire based on equality. We consider gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, and other identity markers as enriching elements to our company while ensuring neither of them represent a barrier when recruiting fantastic talent.