Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
Our Compliance Chapter
The Compliance Team has a very special role in our mission: support the company’s growth by identifying the Compliance risks that NU faces; designing and implementing controls to protect Nu from such risks; and by providing advisory to the Business on regulations and internal policies to create the best product or service that follows with these external and internal standards.
What is Compliance Risk? Is the exposure to legal penalties (sanctions or fines), financial loss, reputation or image damage that Nu faces when it fails to act in accordance with laws and regulations, internal policies or prescribed best practices.
Responsibilities assigned to you might be related to:
- Research regulations and project management for its implementation (CUB, CUSOFIPO).
- Project management related to new regulations and licensing processes especially the ones related to Fintech and CUB.
- Lead efforts towards new financial licenses
- Align requirements towards new financial licenses.
- Include AML scope within new licensing projects.
- Keep other teams abreast of requirements by researching regulatory and filing information; writing and communicating guidelines.
- Provide advisory to other teams about the regulation to establish new processes or controls.
- Attention to authorities (oficios)
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Liaise and work closely with various teams to enhance systems and processes related to Compliance
- Monitor and respond to inquiries received from Regulators, Auto Regulatory bodies or Auditors
- Support in regulatory reviews.
- Support in identifying regulatory gaps and address til closure.
We believe in
- Entrepreneurship spirit;
- Exceptional team chemistry;
How We Work
- You act like you own the company where you work
- You are enthusiastic about building partnership with other teams
- You are willing to go the extra mile and getting involved in many areas
- You challenge the status quo
- You thrive in dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented teams
- You are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- +7 years' or above experience in regulatory compliance, AML or regulatory areas for banks, SOFIPO and/or fintech.
- Proven experience in filing and obtention of financial licenses such as fintech or bank and project management for that.
- Experience with CNBV AML & regulatory requirements for Financial Institutions.
- Ability to conduct regulatory advisory and law interpretation by providing consultation to business areas as well as internal clients.
- The ability to identify and define problems, build project plans to address them, and manage implementation of their solutions.
- An ambitious sense of curiosity and a willingness to explore areas outside of your comfort zone, like new markets or new product types.
- Ability to tackle complex problems involving several topics/variables, such as business, regulatory, finance and product.
- Ability to work and lead through influence multidisciplinary teams (product, software engineering, data science, analysts and customer service).
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Great team player, communication (written and verbal) and listening skills.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish.
The position is based in Mexico City, Mexico
- 17 days paid vacation per year.
- Life insurance.
- Health insurance.
- NuLanguage Program
- NuCare Program
- Extended Parental Leave
Diversity and Inclusion at Nu
We want to build products and experiences for everyone who wants to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of our team recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.