Senior Mobile Engineer
Nu was born in 2013 with the mission to fight complexity to empower people in their daily lives by reinventing financial services. We are one of the world’s largest digital banking platforms, serving millions of customers across Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia. For more information, visit our institutional page https://international.nubank.com.br/careers/
About the team / Engineering in NuBank
We strive for state-of-the-art software development practices that currently include a variety of technologies. While we value candidates that are familiar with them, we are also confident that software engineers who are interested in joining Nubank will be able to learn from our team.
- Horizontally scalable microservices written mostly in Clojure, using Finagle and leveraging upon functional programming techniques and hexagonal architecture
- High throughput jobs and inter-service communication using Kafka
- Continuous Integration and Deployment into AWS
- Storing data in Datomic and DynamoDB
- Monitoring and observability with Prometheus
- Running as much as possible in Kubernetes
We are a process-light organization that values human interactions. We value working in small, independent teams that feel like small startups within the company, and eschew coupling and centralizing where realistic. We understand that execution is the key to success and optimize processes to remove bottlenecks.
You can read more about it in our engineering blog and get some insights into how we work.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for
- Be willing to learn and work with Flutter and Clojure
- Collaborate with software design, development and evolution
- Have practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies
- Work with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
- Have great testing skills (mostly unit tests and integration tests; knowledge in testing frameworks is a plus)
- To have knowledge in multi-threaded application development and memory management and performance tuning
- To care about detail
You will have a meaningful chance to shape architecture, process, and culture while working with bleeding edge technologies.
We believe in good team chemistry, enthusiasm for building things, and the (often surprising) capacity to learn new things when we stay humble and open-minded.
We are looking for a person who has
- Flutter Skills and experience teaching others
- Understanding of flutter ecosystem
- Understanding of state management
- OOP Knowledge and good practices
- Knowledge of SOLID principles
- Intermediate testing skills (mostly unit test, integration testing and testing framework)
- Knowledge working with IOS / Android development and memory management
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as a code
- Intermediate to advanced english level
- Knowledge of agile methodologies
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
- Health and life insurance
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- Nucleo - Our learning platform of courses
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Vacations of 15 workdays
- Gym partnership
Our Nu Way of Working
Our work model is hybrid and has cycles that can be from two to three months according to the business of expertise. For every eight or twelve weeks of remote work, one will be at the office. Check more information here.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Nu, we want to be sure that we're building a more diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the customers we serve and seek to empower. That's why we hire based on equality. We consider gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, and other identity markers as enriching elements to our company while ensuring neither of them represent a barrier when recruiting fantastic talent.