Incident Response Manager
Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow, and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
About the team
The Nubank Security Operation team proactively hunts for security threats that may affect Customers or Nubankers, acts fast on security incidents to investigate those threats, and applies mechanisms to mitigate them. Also, Security Operation has a strong engineering power to decrease the time to act on threats through automation and dedicated micro-services. Our Incident Response Team is dedicated to managing and handling incidents from low to high severities, we are always working to improve the capabilities and maturity of our team. Since last year we became part of the FIRST community, more info here.
You can find more about Nubank Infosec here: https://blog.nubank.com.br/infosec-nubank-protecao-dados/
You will be responsible for
Nubank is experiencing hyper-growth in several dimensions: number of customers, products, international markets, and employees. We are seeking an Incident Response Manager who, together with the team, can relentlessly lead Security Operations pursuing and eradicating threats across complex environments. As an Incident Response Manager, you will be able to build and scale a healthy security operation team to tackle challenges from anomaly detection to incident response. Furthermore, you will be able to work to protect the applications powering one of the most sophisticated digital banking platforms ever built, and building solutions that enable faster and more effective security operation.
The Incident Response Manager will be responsible for:
- Leading the Security Operations team;
- Giving proper visibility about the security operations;
- Alignment with stakeholders around the team’s vision, goals, and metrics;
- Manage metrics that are used to make strategic decisions and evaluate the efficacy;
- Building or scaling up one or more individuals enabling them to be high performers and support others;
- Fostering a culture of teamwork, feedback, and continuous improvement;
- Conducting effective 1:1s, team meetings, and rituals;
- Building operational excellence into the team;
- Evaluating appropriate solutions for supporting the security operations function, and deciding between building and buying tools.
Once Here, You Will:
- Coach and mentor security engineers, supporting their growth and performance inside the teams they are part of;
- Facilitate continuous improvement of the team’s processes;
- Ensure the team follows good development processes and is aligned internally and with stakeholder;
- Ensure the team maintains a high level of operational excellence;
- Actively drive and improve recruitment;
- Foster psychological safety and facilitate conflict resolution and performance issues.
We are looking for a person who
- Experience as Manager of a Security Operation team using methodologies for establishing a high level of operational excellence;
- Previous experience in areas such as SOC, CSIRT, and incident response;
- Strong people management processes such as hiring, firing, developing, performance cycle, and mentoring;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt messaging to executive, technical, and non-technical audiences;
- Has a good understanding and speaking of the English language;
- Understanding of security vulnerabilities, attacker exploit techniques, and their remediation methodologies;
- Has previous experience leading incident crises with multiple stakeholders;
- Ability to deal with multiple stack technologies including cloud environments;
- Previous experience as an Incident Responder analyst, doing investigation and mitigation in complex environments.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge in frameworks such as SIM3, FIRST Services Framework, Mitre ATT&CK, or NIST CSF;
- Experience leading agile teams, being familiar with the most relevant ceremonies, metrics, and processes;
- Participate in or lead Global Security operations with follow the sun approach;
- Cert.br (Carnegie Mellon - Incident Handler) or equivalent certifications in incident handling;
- Experience with Cloud environments or incident response on cloud.
Remote (within Brazil).
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Meal allowance
- Transportation assistance
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Equity at Nubank
- Parking partnership - discounted parking in our office
- Free bike parking with showers available
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Gympass partnership
- Extended maternity and paternity Leaves
- Child care allowance
- ‘Espaço Feijão’- Private nursing and breastfeeding spaces in our buildings
- Onsite Health Center - Medical support for every Nubanker in our office
Diversity & Inclusion
At Nu, we want to ensure that we are building a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the customers we serve and seek to empower. That's why we hire based on equality. We consider gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, and other identity markers as key elements for our company, ensuring that none of them pose a barrier to recruiting talented individuals.