Risk Specialist Stress Testing
Risk Specialist - Stress Testing
About the role
The Risk team's vision is to make Risk a source of competitive advantage for Nubank. We use targeted friction to focus on the most relevant risks while allowing Nubank to maintain its agility to grow fast. We leverage data and technology to achieve our goals smartly and efficiently.
We are searching for a Risk Specialist, to lead day to day delivery of the Stress Testing Program by designing and documenting the stress testing framework and leading stress scenario building, modeling, assumption calibration, quantification of management actions, and challenge of contingency plan.
A successful candidate must have finance-related experience (FP&A, capital management, liquidity & funding management, Credit Risk Provisions): or stress testing experience.
You will be responsible for:
- Build, document, and maintain the tools of an efficient Stress Testing Program, using Excel, Anaplan, Google Sheets, and coding languages (Spark Scala, Pyspark, SQL, VBA ) ensuring the Stress Testing team delivers value and places stress testing at the heart of strategic risk management.
- Collaborate effectively cross-team and cross-function with our teams in Finance, Credit, and Risk as well as local teams in Mexico and Colombia.
- Develop and maintain financial models used for Stress Testing
- Lead stress testing exercises focusing on regulatory and strategic goals:
-Individual Geos (Brazil, Mexico e Colombia) + Holdings
-All relevant risk (retail credit, wholesale credit, liquidity, market, operational, etc
-Elaborated material to the technical Stress Testing committee, directly supporting the discussions
-Analysis requested ad-hoc by the senior management
Requirements we are looking for:
- Previous experience in risk areas
- Proficiency in Excel - VBA would be a plus).
- Familiarity with local regulatory environments (BaCen main resolutions)
- Interpersonal skills and proven ability to lead a team, be cooperative and open, and embrace diversity.
- Detailed knowledge of capital and financial risks (liquidity, credit, market)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Advanced English skills
- Previous experience in financial modeling/ modeling stress scenarios, both macro and micro
- Experience with Anaplan
- Knowledge of prudential regimes, and banking regulation standards.
- Programming knowledge (any database query language works) - would be a plus.
- Experience with delivering Stress Testing exercises comprising multiple risks (Credit, Operational, Liquidity, Market, Capital & others) in Mexico or Colombian markets would be advantageous
- Familiarity with local regulatory environments from LATAM countries (principal: Brazil, México and Colômbia)