Data Security Engineer
Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow, and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nubank.com.br.
About the team
The Data Security team is responsible for strengthening the security of customer data while supporting the business scalability. By leveraging our engineering expertise, we create tailored security solutions for Nubank, either by building in-house tools or making integrations with industry-leading data security tools
You will be responsible for
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand the business requirements, and translate them into technical specifications;
- Leverage your security engineering skills to design and implement automated security controls;
- Conduct Proof of Concepts (PoCs) and Build vs Buy analysis of security solutions, evaluating their effectiveness and suitability for the company's needs;
- Define guidelines and best practices on data security matters that empower Nubankers to perform their work efficiently, while reducing the risk of data leaks.
We are looking for a person who
- Proven experience in designing and implementing security controls in cloud environments;
- Proficiency in coding languages such as Python, Ruby, Bash, etc;
- Familiarity with fundamental concepts of data security;
- Strong inclination towards data-driven decision-making.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Data Governance or Data Compliance standards.
Remote (within Brazil).
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Meal allowance
- Transportation assistance
- 30 days of paid vacation
- Equity at Nubank
- Parking partnership - discounted parking in our office
- Free bike parking with showers available
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Gympass partnership
- Extended maternity and paternity Leaves
- Child care allowance
- ‘Espaço Feijão’- Private nursing and breastfeeding spaces in our buildings
- Onsite Health Center - Medical support for every Nubanker in our office
Diversity & Inclusion
At Nu, we want to ensure that we are building a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the customers we serve and seek to empower. That's why we hire based on equality. We consider gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, and other identity markers as key elements for our company, ensuring that none of them pose a barrier to recruiting talented individuals.