Nu was born in 2013 with the mission to fight complexity to empower people in their daily lives by reinventing financial services. We are one of the world’s largest digital banking platforms, serving millions of customers across Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia. For more information, visit our institutional page https://international.nubank.com.br/careers/
You will fit well if you:
- You thrive in dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented and diverse teams
- You are hungry and enjoy being constantly challenged to learn and do more
- You embrace conflict of ideas and like to question the status quo
- You learn fast and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities
- You believe in building great products and doing your best work
- You are enthusiastic for finding root causes, build things from scratch and deliver solutions
- You want to understand the big picture, to be held accountable and make a meaningful contribution with your work
Technology is not a sector of our business: it's intrinsic to every area at Nubank. We encourage everyone to challenge the status quo. There's no "innovation team" - we hire innovative people for all our positions and encourage them to constantly question decisions to keep finding better ways to do something. Our business is experiencing hyper growth in several dimensions: number of customers, products, international markets and employees., and our engineering team must match that demand.
As we grow, we need to: Relentlessly pursue, indicate and contribute to eradicate threats across complex environments. Report and help solving incidents at scaleWork in regulated environments aligning with all the requirementsCommunicate clearly with external and internal stakeholders such as regulators, managers, etc.., Build solutions that enable faster and more effective incident response.
The Security Specialist will be responsible for:
- Communicating fluently with diverse global teams in English and Spanish.
- Create and implement security controls in cloud and non-cloud based environments
- Automation of security controls to avoid operational burden and monitoringUnderstanding root causes of issues and problems, collaborating with others to work on solutions.
- Creating strong relationships with diverse teams, by coordinating communication between different audiences, teams and stakeholders
What we are looking for:
- An ability to thrive in engineering environments, interacting with technical teams and being able to jump into technical conversations at least with a theoretical knowledge.
- Experience working implementing and automating security controlsExperience working with AWS and GCPExperience working with Clojure, Datomic, Java and scripting languages
- Experience working with visualization tools and platforms like Looker, Splunk, Databricks, et alKnowledge in ISO, PCI, NIST, Frameworks
- Experience working with regulatory requirements (SPEI, CUB, PCI, NIST, ISO)
- General knowledge in databases and applicationsGeneral knowledge of cloud infrastructure (private or public), microservices and distributed environments.
- Proficiency in English and Spanish.
- Experience building scripts or with any programming language
- Understanding of infrastructure monitoring tools like Kibana or Prometheus Experience with tools for ticketing, whiteboarding, collaboration dashboarding, and google docs suites.
- Experience implementing and automating controls for certifications for ISO or PCI for a regulated institution in Mexico
- Natural interest in security operations, coordinating actions with several stakeholders and teams like incident response, defensive security, etc.. in large projects
- Experience collaborating in global projects, with distributed infosec teams.
- Chance of earning equity at Nu
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
- Health and life insurance
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- Nucleo - Our learning platform of courses
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Holiday Bonus ("Aguinaldo") of 30 days of pay per year
- 17 days of paid vacation with 25% vacation bonus
- Gym partnership
- Food card
Diversity & Inclusion
At Nubank, we want to be sure that we're building a more diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the customers we serve and seek to empower. That's why we hire based on equality. We consider gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, and other identity markers as enriching elements to our company while ensuring neither of them represent a barrier when recruiting fantastic talent.