AML Ops Analyst - Regulatory Solutions Mexico
Nu was born in 2013 with the mission to fight complexity to empower people in their daily lives by reinventing financial services. We are one of the world’s largest digital banking platforms, serving millions of customers across Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia. For more information, visit our institutional page https://international.nubank.com.br/careers/
About the role
Ensure the sustainable Nubank's growth supporting the regulatory demands of AML Ops operations routines, challenging the status quo through:
- The best experience to our fanatics and loved clients in the AML Ops process, keeping the highest level of quality for customer data and due diligence applicable accordingly to the regulators and internal policies;
- Analyzing the transactional AML Alerts generated by the AML transaction monitoring system, to identify suspicious situations, contributing to a more ethical and fair society, truly understanding that it is also a key driving force for the solid growth and development of Nubank and Brazil & Mexico;
Being diligent, flexible and resilient, according to Nu's principles!
In order to achieve that, our Operational Squad - AML Ops - is responsible for protecting Nu against criminal activities and helping stop the laundering of ‘dirty’ money into the Mexican economy, complying with the necessary regulations, and ensuring the continuity of our business.
Typical responsibilities assigned to you might include:
- Analyze the transactional alerts generated by the AML transaction monitoring system, to identify suspicious situations.
- Involvement in the implementation of the regulatory framework that will contribute to Nu Mexico's growth plan
- Prepare all the investigation files to escalate it to the AML Forum (Comité de Comunicación y Control).
- Strengthen the compliance team to be aligned with the responsibilities we have as a financial institution.
- Sophisticated reporting to immediately inform money-laundering or terrorism financing activity to the relevant authorities (CNBV, UIF, etc.).
- Perform quality review, evaluate process deficiencies, analyze control measures, enhance reporting capabilities and recommend corrective actions while satisfying regulatory requirements.
- Detecting risky customers by evaluating the customers’ risk profiles and processing them accordingly (enhanced due diligence, customer due diligence, etc.)
- Provide advice on sanctions and other screening processes such as KYC.
- Support the discard operation in binding lists.
- Apply FIU typologies
You will be succeed if…
- You are detail-oriented, diligent, organized and enjoy operational activities
- You are a proactive, autonomous person and have an interest in creating processes and improving them, but at the same time, understand that there are bureaucracies in the regulatory activities that need to be followed
- You can communicate clearly, succinctly and effectively
- You feel good to be constantly challenged to learn and do more
- You are good with oral and written communication in Spanish and/or English
- You believe in a more just and ethical society and Nubank's values and culture.
- You understand that we can contribute within Nubank to the construction of this society, guaranteeing the application of all the rules and regulatory aspects inherent to the Client's Registration.
It will be a differential if you..
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Administration, Finance, Economic Sciences or related;
- Have CNBV certification is a plus
- Have previous experience in monitoring transactional AML alerts and-or in compliance areas in processes related to AML;
- Have knowledge of sanctions and KYC processes related to AML;
- Have knowledge in sending the suspicious activity reports (SAR);
- Have autonomy to make decisions that impact customers and Nu based on AML policies;
- Know the specific regulations of the area and have the responsibility to apply them in their routine;
- Have curiosity and willingness to learn
- Have knowledge in Excel, Sheets, Looker, SQL and Python
- Have Banking & Sofipo regulation knowledge;
- Have knowledge in CNBV regulation, freezing, unfreezing and transfer money;
- Can easily turn numbers into complex strategies and effective actions
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
- Health and life insurance
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- Nucleo - Our learning platform of courses
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Holiday Bonus ("Aguinaldo") of 30 days of pay per year
- 17 days of paid vacation with 25% vacation bonus
- Gym partnership
Our Nu Way of Working
Our work model is hybrid and has cycles that can be from two to three months according to the business of expertise. For every eight or twelve weeks of remote work, one will be at the office. Check more information in https://blog.nu.com.mx/nu-anuncia-modelo-hibrido-de-trabajo/
Diversity & Inclusion
At Nu, we want to be sure that we're building a more diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the customers we serve and seek to empower. That's why we hire based on equality. We consider gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, and other identity markers as enriching elements to our company while ensuring neither of them represent a barrier when recruiting fantastic talent.