Controllership Senior Analyst
Nu was born in 2013 with the mission to fight complexity to empower people in their daily lives by reinventing financial services. We are one of the world’s largest digital financial services platforms, serving 90 million customers across Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia. As one of the leading technology companies in the world, Nu leverages proprietary technologies and innovative business practices to create new financial solutions and experiences for individuals and SMEs that are simple, intuitive, convenient, low-cost, empowering, and human. Guided by its mission, Nu is fostering access to financial services across Latin America.
About the team
Controllership team breaks the status quo by facing challenges from the perspective of technological innovation as a tool to automate and make our processes run more efficiently. Our goal is to build a strong and diverse team that looks to create something worthwhile. And has at its core values to pursue smart efficiency, this comes hand in hand with our drive to remain as a strategic partner for all cross-chapter’s teams within NU Mexico. In Financial Analysis and Reporting we are part of the first line of defense to deliver accurate and timely financial information meeting the company’s regulatory responsibilities with unwavering integrity.
We are looking for a Controllership Senior Analyst who has:
- Previous experience in Financial Institutions.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting.
- 5+ years professional experience with emphasis on accounting, overall financial statements analysis and regulatory reporting.
- Proven experience with conciliations, depreciations, as well as, experience constructing financial controls, running accounting closings, among others.
- Proficiency in English.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple priorities and work in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment.
- Effective time management and prioritization capabilities.
- SAP knowledge.
As a Controllership Senior Analyst, you'll be expected to:
- Prepare monthly financial statements.
- Coordinate audit requirements.
- Enhance internal controls.
- Review in monthly basis the trial balance preparing monthly general reconciliation controls.
- Analyze variances.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of regulatory requirements and frameworks for regulated entities.
- Ensure that the statutory accounting and external filings process for the legal entities meets the highest quality standards in cooperation with teams in accounting, tax, legal, internal audit, external partners, and others as required including continuous compliance with group and local requirements.
- Perform data analysis to ensure the data requirements for internal and external reporting are fulfilled.
- Keep up to date with developments and changes in regulatory issues.
- Be responsible for posting and revision of monthly and annual closing journal entries for multiple legal entities.
- Make accounts reconciliation.
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
- Health and life insurance
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- Nucleo - Our learning platform of courses
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Holiday Bonus ("Aguinaldo") of 30 days of pay per year
- 17 days of paid vacation with 25% vacation bonus
- Gym partnership
The position is based in CDMX.
Our Nu Way of Working
Our work model is hybrid and has cycles that can be from two to three months according to the business of expertise. For every eight or twelve weeks of remote work, one will be at the office. Check more information here.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Nu, we want to be sure that we're building a more diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the customers we serve and seek to empower. That's why we hire based on equality. We consider gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, and other identity markers as enriching elements to our company while ensuring neither of them represent a barrier when recruiting fantastic talent.