Nu was born in 2013 with the mission to fight complexity to empower people in their daily lives by reinventing financial services. We are one of the world’s largest digital financial services platforms, serving millions of customers across Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia. For more information, visit our institutional page https://international.nubank.com.br/careers/
Our Design Team
As a team who drives product development from ideation to full rollout, the Design team ensures that our product experiences are valuable to our users. Designers at Nu must deal with complex problems and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use experiences for millions of people.
At each stage, a Designer must anticipate our customers and business needs, advocate for our users and ensure that the final design surprises and delights them. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Business Analysts, Software Engineers, Product Managers and many others, working in projects that go from user interviews and prototypes to internal tools and brand assets.
Given this, designers must be flexible and eager to learn - it's unlikely that you'll arrive an expert in all tools and project phases, but you should be humble and have a strong desire and capacity to learn. It's critical that you are able to collaborate with people with varying backgrounds, give good feedback and apply critical feedback received. The combination of these skills along with your talent and technical competence as a designer can make you a great fit for the Nu Design Team.
To help us grow and fight complexity we are looking for Senior Product Designers to join our Design Team. If you want to build the future of financial services, apply and send us your resume and portfolio.
This role is based in Mexico
You'll be responsible for
- Be a technical reference for the team, seeking to create, adapt and replicate the best practices in the market, increasing the team’s bar;
- Build links with other business areas at all levels of the organization, influencing business decisions advocating for user-centered design;
- Lead projects and initiatives within collaborative and cross-functional environments, advocating for our users in every single situation.
- Inspire fellow product designers, by creating a high bar of quality design work;
- Establish and promote a healthy team culture that works hand in hand with cross-functional partners and design teams in other Nu offices;
- Push the boundaries of your team’s UX/UI/visual execution and help Nu challenge the status quo.
We are looking for a person who has
- Solid expertise in Product Design (UX, UI, and Research);
- Experience developing digital products.
- Proven experience running and integrating human centered research and design in projects.
- Experience tackling ideas from a wide variety of angles.
- Ability to work and collaborate within a cross-functional team.
- Ability to influence processes, teammates and Stakeholders.
- Adapt to shifting priorities and evolving stakeholders and team needs with openness and agility.
- Proactively promote cross functional collaborations on agile environments.
- Advanced English: verbal and written communication skills.
- Chance of earning equity at Nu
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
- Health and life insurance
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- Nucleo - Our learning platform of courses
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Holiday Bonus ("Aguinaldo") of 30 days of pay per year
- 17 days of paid vacation with 25% vacation bonus
- Gym partnership
Our Nu Way of Working
Our work model is hybrid and has cycles that can be from two to three months according to the business of expertise. For every eight or twelve weeks of remote work, one will be at the office. Check more information here.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Nu, we want to be sure that we're building a more diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the customers we serve and seek to empower. That's why we hire based on equality. We consider gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, and other identity markers as enriching elements to our company while ensuring neither of them represent a barrier when recruiting fantastic talent.