AML & Quality Assurance Senior Analyst
Nu was born in 2013 with the mission to fight complexity to empower people in their daily lives by reinventing financial services. We are one of the world’s largest digital financial services platforms, serving 90 million customers across Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia. As one of the leading technology companies in the world, Nu leverages proprietary technologies and innovative business practices to create new financial solutions and experiences for individuals and SMEs that are simple, intuitive, convenient, low-cost, empowering, and human. Guided by its mission, Nu is fostering access to financial services across Latin America. For more information, visit www.nu.com.co
Our Financial Crime-Compliance Chapter
The Compliance Team has a very special role in our mission: support the company’s growth by identifying the Compliance risks that Nubank faces in Colombia; designing and implementing controls to protect Nubank from such risks; such as money laundering and terrorist financing. The Financial Crime team is in charge of shielding Nu to comply with regulations and mitigate the risks associated with illegal activities.
As a Quality Assurance Senior Analyst, you'll be expected to:
- Provide advice to special strategic projects in Colombia.
- Lead the quality control process to the transactional monitoring system focused on prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Adjust quality procedures for AML processes.
- Prepare metrics on the results of quality assurance for Colombia.
- Review of transactional alerts to ensure they meet the analysis levels established by Nu.
- Calibrations with operations teams to share the results of the quality process and establish action plans.
- Provide support to initiatives in the Financial Crimes area, related to regulatory compliance with SAGRILAFT and SARLAFT.
- Creation of indicators to measure the management of the area's quality processes.
- Lead communications with the global team, regarding the testing and quality processes that are carried out in the Colombian operation.
- Teamwork with areas of the operation and global teams, related to the prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Senior Analyst, professional who has:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in Quality Assurance processes related to transactional monitoring focused on ML/TF of at least 3 years.
- Great business judgment and ability (and interest) to make, both, strategic and operational decisions.
- Previous experience with AML, Fraud or Risk Management is a plus.
- English Level - At least Intermediate.
- Knowledge of analytical processes is a plus.
- Ability to work as a team and negotiate with different third parties.
- Knowledge of testing compliance processes.
- Ability to work under pressure and in agile project environments.
The position is based in Bogotá, Colombia.
- Equity at Nubank
- Health insurance
- Vacations of 15 workdays
- NuLanguage - Language learning program
- Parental leaves
Diversity & Inclusion at Nubank
We want to have a product for everyone, and we build strong and diverse teams that rise to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or background. We are proud to say that 30% of Nubanker recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team comprises women in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is an essential part of our culture. At Nubank, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow, and share ideas.
Nubank continues to hire for all open roles, all interviewing and onboarding is done virtually. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will be working from home for 7-8 weeks and 1 at the office (Bogotá).