New - Business Analyst - Mexico
Nubank was founded in 2013 to free people from a bureaucratic, slow and inefficient financial system. Since then, through innovative technology and outstanding customer service, the company has been redefining people's relationships with money across Latin America. With operations in Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia, Nubank is today one of the largest digital banking platforms and technology-leading companies in the world.
Today, Nubank is a global company, with offices in São Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Durham (United States), and Berlin (Germany). It was founded in 2013 in Sao Paulo, by Colombian David Vélez, and cofounded by Brazilian Cristina Junqueira and American Edward Wible. For more information, visit www.nu.com.mx.
Business Analysts at Nubank
As a company at the forefront of the financial revolution in Brazil, Nubank has experienced exponential growth since its inception. To keep your growth path healthy, numerous critical decisions constantly need to be made. Business Analysts are fundamental in the decision process because they must not only be able to deal with large amounts of information and data, but also always think of ways to improve our clients' experience.
It is BA's responsibility to structure the data, analyze it and use the results to test different solutions with the aim of improving Nubank's efficiency.
We are looking for people who are independent and who are not afraid to take the initiative to identify and solve problems that are not necessarily obvious.
You can read more about it in our blog and get some insights into how we work.
As a Senior Business Analyst, you’re expected to:
- Do a lot of investigative work, focused on deciding which data makes the most sense to use in which situation. If you don't have the data, it's your job to think about what tests can be done or how to extract the information you need to answer your questions;
- Support your team in making data-based decisions by monitoring analyzes and decisions, ensuring the flow of projects and making the process of taking risks comfortable despite the uncertainties;
- Learning how to work with a large volume of data to build a solid foundation for decision making with calculated risks - even knowing that not all the answers are in the data and/or that not all the data you would like is available;Use tools like SQL, Python and Scala - taught during your first weeks with us - for data extraction;
- Understand our products and interactions with other areas;
- Take advantage of opportunities to grow and learn from a well-prepared and highly qualified team;
- Opportunity to work in a complex, dynamic and diverse environment, participating in projects that will impact a large number of clients.
What are we looking for?
- Analytical capacity: ease with numbers and calculations, having the ability to solve problems mathematically;
- Business basics: dynamics between risks and opportunities, as well as interaction between business areas and technical areas (products/engineering);
- Problem solving: ease and creativity to seek solutions to day-to-day challenges and achieve the best results;
- Ability to understand how your decisions and work impact our customers' experience, seeking results that align with our purpose;
- Willingness and ease of learning, especially for tools;
- Openness to receive feedback and incorporate it into your daily life and development;
- Adaptability to the multifunctional environment;
- Profiles that add value to Nubank's culture.
- Equity at Nubank
- Health and life insurance
- Food card
- 17 days of paid vacation
- Holiday Bonus ("Aguinaldo") of 30 days of pay per year
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
Mexico City, Mexico.
*Interviewing and onboarding are currently done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team and our current staff will remain working from home until it is safe to return to our offices. When it’s time, we will require a fixed cadence of visiting the office in which employees go to their Business Unit's (BU) base location. Employees will have an employment contract based on the cities that Nu’s offices are located, considering their country of hire. More details can be shared during your hiring process.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Nubank, we want to be sure that we're building a more diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the customers we serve and seek to empower. That's why we hire based on equality. We consider gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, and other identity markers as enriching elements to our company while ensuring neither of them represent a barrier when recruiting fantastic talent.