Regulatory Solutions Analyst
Nu was born in 2013 with the mission to fight complexity to empower people in their daily lives by reinventing financial services. We are one of the world’s largest digital financial services platforms, serving 90 million customers across Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia. As one of the leading technology companies in the world, Nu leverages proprietary technologies and innovative business practices to create new financial solutions and experiences for individuals and SMEs that are simple, intuitive, convenient, low-cost, empowering, and human. Guided by its mission, Nu is fostering access to financial services across Latin America.
Our Regulatory Solutions Team
Our mission is to support Nu’s sustainable growth ensuring the KYC process and regulatory routines are in compliance with local and international regulatory requirements, challenging the status quo through:
- Promoting the best customer experience to our fanatic customers challenging the bureaucratic onboarding process ensuring a high-quality standard of client data, as well as its regulatory adherence;
- Being diligent and resilient following Nu's principles;
In order to achieve that, we are responsible for supporting all activities related to the KYC process during the onboarding and post-onboarding. This involves PEP and Sanctions screening process, customers’ data maintenance and integrity, ID document status checking, and other enhanced due diligence processes according to applicable regulation.
As a RegSol Analyst, you're expected to
- Analyze PEP condition in prospects and customers with additional risks involved, such as negative news, risk industry, etc.;
- Execute a robust KYC profile with detailed information about your recommendation or proposal regarding PEP and sanctions matches;
- Collaborate in investigations and process review related to Screenings operational routines;
- Participate in projects to comply with key policies related to Screenings scope and all the related operational routines
- Analyze, escalate and support the resolution of requests/issues/errors to streamline processes related to Screenings routines;
- Identify Onboarding/Ongoing regulatory challenges and opportunities and use analytical tools to solve them;
- Build models/analysis to evaluate the efficiency of KYC/Onboarding processes as well as its regulatory adherence;
- Escalate, discuss and support tasks involving enhancements and/or gaps related to analysis and routines of PEPs and/ or restricted lists and in general;
- Contribute to the design and implementation of KYC, onboarding and ongoing processes from scratch.
- Support the leaders in metrics and KPIs, facilitating the internal control environment of Ops queue.
We're looking for a RegSol Analyst who has
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Previous knowledge and experience (at least 1 year) in financial and non-financial AML local regulation and policies related to KYC, Onboarding/Ongoing, especially on high-risk profiles;
- Experience/background in PEP, Sanctions, and restricted lists or AML topics;
- Desirable background in AML teams in financial institutions applying Colombian regulation.
- Languages: Advance or native Spanish speaker and upper-Intermediate/Advanced English
- Attention to detail, data driven & results oriented
- Great communication, enjoys engaging in discussions with people with different backgrounds and from different cultures.
- Nubank equity
- Health and life insurance
- 15 days of paid vacations
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
Diversity and Inclusion at Nu
We want to build products and experiences for everyone who wants to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or background. We are proud to say that 30% of our team recognize themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas.