Experienced Content Strategist - Design
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2023
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
Our Design team is made up of Product Designers, Brand Designers, Researchers, Operations and Design Systems. We are excited to have a Content Strategist join our mix of Design experts.
We’re looking for an experienced Content Strategist to join our Design team. You’ll play a critical role in creating a clear, cohesive, content-led experience as customers and users navigate interacting with our products. You’ll team up with Product Designers, Product Managers, Researchers, and Engineers to envision the future of our voice and tone within our products, and work closely with Brand Design and Marketing to bring our brand narrative to life through in-product writing. You’ll also oversee the development of content principles, partner with Design Systems on a content system, and have the opportunity to help grow a first-class content practice within a growing design function.
What excites you
- Working with PMs, Engineers, Product Designers, and Researchers to build best-in-class experiences for our Customers and Consumers
- Collaborating closely with Brand Designers and Marketing to develop a consistent voice and tone from external communications through our product experiences
- Prioritizing the highest-impact content design opportunities and proactively propose new ways to approach content in those areas
- Developing the strategy, principles, and information architecture to enable our Design teams to bring content-driven vision to life
- Bringing excellent craft and a unique voice to our product writing
- Contributing to our content system and partnering closely with the Design Systems team
- Coach Designers and cross-functional partners on how to use our content system
- Building trust with customers and users and helping reinforce their feeling of being in control of their privacy
What excites us
- 6+ years’ experience as a content designer, content strategist, or UX writer writing for digital-first consumer experiences
- Experience leading complex, multi-phase content strategies to create customer- and user-centric product experiences
- Being impact-oriented, and knowing how to measure the success of your work through KPIs
- Ability to work autonomously, making prioritization calls and proactively identifying opportunities for greater content and design impact
- Strong collaboration skills to work side by side with product designers, researchers, brand designers, and cross-functional partners
- Comfort using design software (e.g., Figma, InVision, Sketch) to present solutions visually, lead collaboration sessions, etc
Nice to have
- Experience building relationships and partnering with Marketing and Communications teams
- Strong visual design skills
- Experience working at an organization with a diverse set of products and users
- Experience working at a B2B2C company
- Skills in working with Research and Data Science to test copy and content effectiveness
- Previous roles as the only Content Strategist on the team
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
See more open positions at Plaid
Something looks off?