Head of Global Brand Marketing
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2023
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
Plaid is looking for an experienced Brand leader who will be accountable for developing and championing the company brand across our many different audience types.
Reporting to the CMO, this key leadership role within the Marketing team will build brand mindshare, developing our core brand narrative and the brand philosophy and values for Plaid. By making heroes of our customers and telling our story in authentic, compelling ways, this role will build a multi-generational brand that positions Plaid well in the market and evangelizes our value to both our customers and the consumers who trust us and use us every day.
Plaid has many audiences. You can think of our business model as a 3 sided marketplace: On one side, you have financial institutions that supply financial data. On the second side, you have companies who use that data to create financial apps. Lastly, you have consumers who use the apps. Plaid sits in the middle to ensure consumer permissioned data is accessible by all.
- Lead and drive the vision for a multi-faceted brand team, both those who report directly and matrixed across the organization, empowering Brand Marketing, Brand Design, Social and Events to tell our best possible stories.
- Build a comprehensive strategic plan for measuring the value of brand awareness, and improving it over time through brand architecture, brand positioning, messaging strategy, tone of voice and visual identity.
- Develop and lead brand awareness campaigns that drive both short term sales success and long term value.
- Act as the catalyst for driving our brand ethos through everything we do at Plaid. Brand should be literally and figuratively at the center of our marketing efforts.
- Develop strong agency partnerships and vendor relationships to be able to take on big campaigns with high production valueFoster an environment of curiosity and creativity that brings out the best in everyone.
- Foster an environment of curiosity and creativity that brings out the best in everyone.
- Thoughtful and methodical with a healthy dose of wild eyed creativity.
- Excellent storytelling skills and the ability to tease out the highest level ‘why’.
- Able to execute in a matrixed organization with many competing priorities.
- Proven strength in communication, presentation and influence.
- Has proven experience at nurturing new brands - not just optimizing existing ones.
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
See more open positions at Plaid
Something looks off?