Experienced Software Engineer - Full Stack (Link & API Platform)
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
Link is how millions of users interact with Plaid, and is a critical part of onboarding for some of the most popular apps in the world. The Link & API Platform team is responsible for the full stack, server-driven UI architecture powering Link that product engineer teams at Plaid leverage to quickly and reliably launch new account linking products. We are a highly collaborative, remote-first team whose work spans a variety of technologies, services and product areas at Plaid. Our API and most of our backend services are written in Go, and our frontend components are built in Typescript using React.
What excites you
- Building platform as a product: your work will impact the experience of tens of millions of end-users, the best applications in FinTech, and major financial institutions
- Tackling full stack technical challenges across a variety of backend, web and mobile technologies
- Working across the entire stack when needed, collaborate with Product & Design to set the long-term technical direction for new & existing platform components
- Improving developer productivity and enabling new product capabilities across of all Plaid
What excites us
- 8+ years of engineering experience with at least 2 of those being in a full-stack role
- Experience leading multi-person, multi-quarter projects partnering with cross-functional partners
- Experience with (and passion for) APIs, scalability, and performance
- Background in computer science, engineering, or another related field
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
See more open positions at Plaid
Something looks off?