Experienced Software Engineer - Scaled Access
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
The Scaled Access team enables financial institutions to quickly develop financial APIs compatible with Financial Data Exchange (FDX). We believe that by enabling more self-serve onboarding for Financial Institutions, we can scale Plaid’s ability to work with even the smallest data suppliers and institutions allowing us to better provide financial freedom to everyone.
As a member of the team, you will be leading critical feature development, collaborating with cross functional partners to set and track goals, mentoring and facilitating growth of team members, setting a bar of high engineering excellence and holding the team accountable for it.
- Building products with real impact: your work will touch tens of millions of end-users, the best applications in FinTech, and major financial institutions
- Working across multiple teams to tackle ambiguous and ambitious problems
- Building a strong sense of community within your team
- Working on both the 0 to 1 stage and the 1 to 10 stage of problems
- You have a strong sense of ownership
- You’ve built high impact products end to end
- You have domain expertise in frontend development and enjoy evangelizing the value of it to others
- You’ve always demonstrated customer obsession: proactively understanding your audience and addressing their needs
- You have a successful track record of mentoring engineers around you and helping them grow
- You actively consider the fine balance between shipping speed and perfection
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.