Experienced Software Engineer - Classic Access
Posted on Tuesday, June 6, 2023
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
The Access team at Plaid is responsible for preserving data access and improving integration quality with thousands of financial institutions across North America. We create the necessary tools to build and maintain data connections at scale, monitor and manage the health of these partnerships, and increase Plaid product coverage for institutions.
As a software engineer on the team, you are responsible for the core connections into our financial institution partners and the framework that keeps all these integrations together. This is the most mission-critical component of our infrastructure as it connects millions of bank accounts and billions of transactions to Plaid.
- If you want to have a huge impact on Plaid’s top company goals, helping to build and maintain a majority of Plaid’s business-critical data access from US institutions, this is the role for you!
- Work with stakeholders, product, and across teams to set the technical strategy and roadmap, and contribute to the product strategy and roadmap for the team. Ideate opportunities, identify challenges, and advocate for high impact projects. Ensure the roadmap aligns with org and company-wide strategies.
- Support or lead projects to build tools and scalable solutions to improve the quality/conversion of existing integrations and increase the coverage of financial institutions supported via integrations.
- Build new and maintain existing integrations with financial institutions so that end users can connect their accounts with Plaid customers.
- Grow and mentor other engineers. Provide consistent, high quality peer feedback. Work with your manager to identify opportunities for peer growth.
- Provider consistent, high quality feedback on technical and product design documents and code reviews that incorporates industry best practices and fosters a high bar of engineering maturity.
- Be a trusted member of the oncall rotation. Ideate and advocate for technical and process changes, following operational best practices, to increase system reliability
- We're guided by our principles, including impact, know your customer, grow together, HEART (humility, energy, ambition, resilience, teamwork). We are looking for leaders who are motivated by those same principles.
- 5 to 8 years of production experience, core fundamentals, and a strong command of at least one language.
- Someone who actively considers the fine balance between shipping speed and perfection.
- Background in computer science, engineering, or another related field and a track record of building interesting projects.
- Impact driven. You understand that building the right tools and systems can impact millions of users.
- Adaptability. Most of our engineers work across the entire stack, touching everything from the front-end, mobile, and our core infrastructure.
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.