Experienced Software Engineer - Payments (Frontend)
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 2, 2023
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
We’re looking for a software engineer with full-stack (frontend leaning) experience to join the Payments team. Our team is responsible for Plaid’s bank payment products, including ACH and Instant Payments over RTP and FedNow. Our mission is to reimagine how millions of consumers and fintechs move money in a convenient and secure way.
You will help guide the architectural foundation for new products and explosive growth. This is a great opportunity to work with the team to build new features on existing products and new products that unlock novel money movement use cases for the entire FinTech Industry. Additionally, you’ll also work closely with product and design to understand user needs and create experiences that delight them, while building robust foundations that can handle scale without compromising reliability.
- Working on products with impact: your work will touch tens of millions of end-users, the best applications in FinTech, and major financial institutions.
- Understanding the infrastructure in the US today where money moves - and reimagining the experience completely.
- Building interactive single-page applications, built on modern front-end frameworks like React.
- Collaborating with Platform teams on tooling.
- Improving Engineering velocity for the team.
- Helping the team reduce tech debt.
- Working on both the 0 to 1 stage and the 1 to 10 stage of problems.
- Getting involved in building the frontend technical roadmap of the team and of broader company efforts.
- Surrounding yourself with peers that embody our principles.
- 5 to 7 years of versatile, full-stack development experience.
- Working knowledge of popular client-side (JS / React) and server-side technologies (Python / GoLang / MySQL).Experience working with PMs & designers to optimize experiences for end-users, including running A/B tests and improving conversion rates.
- Aspire to sharpen both frontend and backend development skill sets.
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.