Software Engineer - Security
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 5, 2023
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
Security Engineering is the engineering function inside the Plaid security organization that focuses on developing industry-leading security systems and infrastructure. Security Engineering owns secure data storage, key management systems, internal identity platform, internal authentication systems, internal permission management, and internal authorization service. We develop solutions across data encryption, key management, access control, and data loss prevention to protect sensitive consumer data. We believe in the Zero Trust security model and are always looking for ways to improve our authentication and access control platforms.
- Ensure that the flow of information across the Plaid ecosystem is safe and secure.
- Create solutions across key management, secret management, and data encryption to help Plaid to protect critical information assets.
- Develop necessary data security features to enable secure offline data analysis, ML, and AI.
- Support KTLO operations for existing data security services such as Plaid Key Management System and Sensitive Information Store.
- Provide security consult and help teams to make informed decisions around securing data.
- Set company security policy, standards and priorities that would govern how data is managed and used.
- Improve security through building software and infrastructure.
- Work across security, privacy, legal, product, and engineering to improve security at the company level.
- Think of security primitives such as encryption, authentication, access control, and auditing as products for internal developers.
- Experience building scalable systems and services
- Experience building systems or services related to data encryption, key management, secret management, certificate management, transport security, user authentication, device authentication, service authentication, permission management, authorization systems, and security policy enforcement.
- ***While these experience and characteristics are not prerequisites, candidates who possess them would be well-suited for the role:
- Experience with securing critical and sensitive information assets
- Experience with data platforms and data infrastructure
- Experience with threat modeling, security architecture reviews, or incident response
- Passion for educating others on security and privacy
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.