Experienced Product Manager - Payments
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
We are looking for an experienced product manager to join our Transfer team and accelerate our top initiatives in our payments product suite. If you’re excited by terms like ACH, RTP, FedNow and the rest of the payments world, this could be the role for you. The Transfer team at Plaid is making bank payments easier to use with multi-rail access with a single API. We are early in our journey and growing fast to meet the demands of our customers.
You will work closely with customers to better understand what they need. You will set the strategic vision and product direction, you will work with engineering, design, and partnerships to build it, and you will partner with sales to bring it to market. The ideal candidate has a deep interest and experience in payment rails, and has demonstrated the ability to set a bold product direction and ship products to achieve business outcomes.
- You’ll define the long-term strategy and set the vision for your product area, and inspire stakeholders to execute
- Drive customer value and business impact by deeply understanding user needs and the evolving payments ecosystem and move quickly to ship products
- You’ll work with an amazing team across engineering, business development, sales, product marketing, operations, finance and risk
- Bring in the mindset of continuous improvement and sensible prioritization by deciding what we should do, why, and when!
- 8+ years of PM experience with demonstrated ability to build a multi quarter roadmap and shipping products to achieve it
- Customer centered – you thrive on spending time directly with customers, establishing close relationships, and becoming their go to partners
- Payments experience – You deeply understand and have worked on one or multiple payments rails, understand the key participants in a payment ecosystem and the modules of money movement like authorization, charge, settlement, returns, refunds etc
- Metrics and impact driven – you have a keen sense of translating customer needs into product solutions that create value and drive business outcomes
- Set the pace – you understand the scale of the opportunity ahead of you and move with urgency to deliver meaningful impact to our customers
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.