Content Strategist - Design
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Hybrid
Our Design team is made up of Product Designers, Researchers, Operations, and Design Systems. We are excited to have a Content Strategist join our mix of experts.
We’re looking for a Content Strategist to join our Design team. You’ll play a critical role in creating a clear, cohesive, content-led experience as customers and users navigate interacting with our products. You’ll team up with Product Designers, Product Managers, Researchers, and Engineers to envision the future of our voice and tone within our products. You’ll also oversee the development of content principles, partner with Design Systems on a content system, and have the opportunity to kick off a content practice within a growing design function.
- Working with Product Managers, Engineers, Product Designers, and Researchers to build best-in-class experiences for our Customers and Consumers
- Prioritizing the highest-impact content design opportunities and proactively propose new ways to approach content in those areas
- Developing the strategy, principles, and information architecture to enable our Design teams to bring content-driven vision to life
- Bringing excellent craft and a unique voice to our product writing
- Contributing to our content system and partnering closely with the Design Systems team
- Coach Designers and cross-functional partners on how to use our content system
- Building trust with customers and users and helping reinforce their feeling of being in control of their privacy
- 4+ years of experience as a content designer, content strategist, or UX writer writing for digital-first consumer experiences
- Experience utilizing content to create user-centric product experiences
- Being impact-oriented, and knowing how to measure the success of your work through KPIs
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively identifying opportunities for greater content and design impact
- Strong collaboration skills to work side by side with product designers, researchers, and cross-functional partners
- Comfort using design software (e.g., Figma, InVision, Sketch) to present solutions visually, lead collaboration sessions, etc
Nice to Have
- Experience working at an organization with a diverse set of products and users
- Experience working at a B2B2C company
- Skills in working with Research and Data Science to test copy and content effectiveness
- Previous roles as the only Content Strategist on the team
- Experience building relationships and partnering with Marketing and Communications teams
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.