Head of Creative
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2023
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
We are looking for a Head of Creative to join our Brand team and lead the overall creative direction for our rapidly growing brand. As the Head of Creative, you will be responsible for setting the look, tone, and feel of the Plaid brand across all our marketing assets across campaigns, channels, and the funnel. You will be partnering closely with our product, product marketing, communications, and digital teams to ensure that the brand is brought to life in a cohesive and authentic way across all customer and consumer touchpoints. We are looking for someone who can build highly innovative, creative, and impactful programs to connect businesses, partners and consumers with our brand to deliver measurable business results.
- Develop a world-class creative team with a vision and structure that cultivates top talent and meets the needs of a growing organization.
- Build, mentor, and manage a cross-functional team of creatives—owning the personal and professional development of these individuals.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and outside agency partners to set the creative strategy to bring the brand to life across initiatives, channels, and products. Use this strategy to guide the priorities and output of the creative team.
- Manage a team of creatives to execute across all major creative projects across web, mobile, audio, social, digital, content, video and experiential.
- Partner with project managers and producers to operationalize creative production to develop a system that allows for agility, empowers creatives to do their best work, and brings forward business growth.
- Work with leaders to identify and prioritize key initiatives to support Plaid’s growth and experience for our target customers
- Partner closely with channel owners to build a consistent end-to-end brand experience across marketing touch-points and mediums.
- Partner closely with product design to ensure consistency of the overall experience of our brand.
- Develop an iterative approach to creative to cultivate a testing culture for creative assets to drive performance improvements.
- Cultivate ownership of marketing initiatives and performance across the creative team through iteration, experimentation, and subject matter expertise in products and/or channels.
- Inspire creativity across the organization to drive innovation and calculated risk-taking to position Plaid as the trusted leader and win the hearts and minds of prospects, customers and consumers.
- 10+ years of relevant work in creative field with a portfolio of results-driven work that shows diversity of experience across both online and offline marketing.
- Led an in-house creative team that has developed full funnel creative campaigns for across awareness through acquisition.
- Experience in performance marketing across channels.
- Experience with brand management/design.
- Experience working for an agency and in-house experience.
- 5+ years of people management and mentorship experience.
- Experience with marketing campaigns across mediums—web, OOH, print, social, video, internal collateral (e.g. presentations)—across the funnel (awareness, conversion, advocacy, etc.).
- Experience with B2B and B2C brands. Have worked in Tech (financial services not required - but a plus)
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.