Software Engineer - Full Stack (Credit)
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Hybrid
The CRA Foundations Team (CRAFT) is responsible for architecting the technical foundations for Plaid’s CRA entity. This team works closely with product and legal to think through future CRA product requirements and compliance constraints, translating those inputs into the scalable platform from which CRA products can be launched.
On our mid-term horizon there are a number of opportunities to expand the ways in which Clients leverage Plaid’s products, in particular those offered via the CRA entity, in order to meet needs in ways Plaid has traditionally been unable to meet. For instance, by offering products through our CRA, we can deliver a holistic view of a user’s credit profile by composing various data streams with deep data insights that Plaid can uniquely offer.
You will be responsible for working full-stack to plan, design, and build the next generation of Credit products. You’ll work closely with cross-functional partners from Product, Legal, and Design to deliver new solutions for our Clients. You’ll have opportunities to learn new technologies and languages, and to be a project leader as we explore ambiguous problem spaces.
- You will work closely with a highly iterative, cross-functional team to understand product requirements and legal constraints to build next-generation Credit products.
- You will deeply understand Client needs and architect solutions tailored to their use cases.You’ll partner with other teams within the Credit group, working closely with other engineering teams as well as Design, Data Science, and more to iterate on and productionize new products.
- You will have the opportunity to architect efficient, scalable services paired with well-designed UI as we work closely with our Clients.
- You will own and lead projects, step up as a trusted member of the team’s oncall rotation, advocate for technical and process changes, and follow best practices to increase overall system reliability.
- Excellent coding and testing skills.
- Experience working in large scale backend systemsExperience as a project lead, or desire to quickly take on that responsibility[.
- Strong communication skills
- [Nice-to-have] Experience with Python, Golang, SQL, and/or AWS
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.