Experienced Software Engineer - Integrations Platform
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2023
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Hybrid
The Integrations Platform team is responsible for maintaining the platform on which all of Plaid’s integrations with financial institutions sit. Our team is essential in maintaining Plaid’s core product, as well as enabling new products. We're primarily focused on the reliability and cost of the platform, as well as other performance metrics (e.g., latency). We work closely with teams that own specific integrations to build tooling or platform capabilities to improve their integration reliability or their velocity in building new or maintaining existing integrations. We support product teams across Plaid with adding capabilities to the platform (e.g., new products).
In this role you will define our team’s and group’s reliability roadmap. You will work with product and engineering leads to ideate, scope, and prioritize projects on Integrations Platform and other teams. You will lead execution of quarter-to-multi-quarter long projects to improve reliability of our platform and integrations. You will lead the team via mentorship and review technical design documents and code changes.
- Improving the reliability, cost profile, and performance of large distributed systems
- Building platform as your product: you work will impact the experience of many integrations and product teams at Plaid, tens of millions of end-users, the best applications in FinTech, and major financial institutions
- Driving multi-quarter, cross-team, cross-service projects to overhaul our system to dramatically improve the reliability and cost of the system
- Working with your EM and PM to ideate, advocate, and prioritize initiatives on our roadmap and other teams’ roadmaps
- 8+ years of experience as backend engineer, having experience leading large initiatives
- 2+ years experience as a lead / major contributor on backend-heavy projects
- Experience coaching mid and senior level engineers
- Comfortable coding in Go / NodeJS / TypeScript or any other modern programming languages
- *Prior experience as a Technical Lead (leading multi-person, multi-quarter projects) and experience working on platform teams and/or focusing on reliability and cost initiatives is a "nice to have" for this role
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.