Experienced Product Manager - Developer Platform
Software Engineering, Product
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
The Internal Developer Platform team at Plaid is obsessed with providing our engineers with best in class tooling for building, deploying, and operating software services at scale. The team is organized into two smaller groups, Developer Efficiency and Core Infrastructure. Developer Efficiency provides capabilities for getting software from our developers’ laptops all the way out to production including CI/CD tooling, common software libraries, and internal developer portal and remote development environments. Core Infrastructure operates the lower level platform our services depend on including the container platform, networking infrastructure, service discovery, and infrastructure-as-code tooling. These teams provide enormous leverage for the rest of the business by providing for common needs of our engineers, improving the resiliency of our services and the productivity of our engineers.
As our Internal Developer Platform PM you will help us identify, maintain, and incrementally deliver value on an evolving set of priorities in the Internal Developer Platform space. Doing so will require using all of the tools in your PM toolbox including understanding the needs of your customers (Plaid's engineers), collecting and reporting on data, and developing the product artifacts (e.g., strategy, roadmaps, user stories, briefs) that keep the team engaged, aligned, and excited. Day to day you might find yourself conducting user interviews, participating in a backlog refinement session, writing a product brief, poking through product usage metrics, researching the data technology landscape, or updating our internal product documentation. Outside of the Developer Platform space, you will help level-up our Product team's best practices to make sure they include your hard-won discoveries of what works and what doesn’t!
- You’ll help define the long-term strategy and vision within our Internal Developer Platform product space and inspire stakeholders to execute
- You will play a key role in collaborating with all internal product teams and identifying common opportunities to accelerate their goals.
- Drive value and business impact by deeply understanding developer needs across Plaid’s product portfolio and move quickly to ship products
- Define how we measure the success of our products
- Bring in the mindset of continuous improvement and sensible prioritization by deciding what we should do, why, and when!
- 5+ years of PM experience with demonstrated ability to build a multi quarter roadmap and shipping products to achieve it
- Developer centric – you thrive on spending time directly with developers, establishing close relationships, and becoming their go to partner.
- Technical depth - you like system design thinking, are not afraid to get your hands dirty testing internal developer tools and can effectively collaborate with senior technical leaders across the company.
- Metrics and impact driven – you have a keen sense of translating customer needs into product solutions that create value and drive business outcomes
- Set the pace – you understand the scale of the opportunity ahead of you and move with urgency to deliver meaningful impact to our customers
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.