Experienced Product Manager - Product Platform
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
The Platform team at Plaid is responsible for building and operating the core infrastructure and services that form the foundation for each of Plaid’s products. From running services that offer exceptional scale reliability and cost guarantees to building many foundational building blocks that accelerate a number of top company goals, the Platform team is critical to Plaid’s success.
We are looking for a highly technical, experienced product manager who can help us define our product strategy and collaborate with a number of Engineering teams and stakeholders across the company to build and deliver new platform capabilities. In this role, you will be partnering with every product team at Plaid to understand what makes their customer successful, and helping them accelerate their goals by building new API abstractions, services and product experiences.
If you are excited about building a broad understanding of Plaid’s products, customer problems, and company strategy and are not afraid to be flexible all the way from defining requirements to getting into the weeds of designing a solution to meet those requirements, this could be the role for you!
- Define the long-term strategy and vision for your product area while inspiring stakeholders to execute
- Play a key role in collaborating with all Plaid product teams and identify common opportunities to accelerate their goals
- Drive customer value and business impact by deeply understanding customer needs across Plaid’s product portfolio and move quickly to ship products
- Work with an amazing team across engineering, business development, sales, product marketing, design and operations.
- Bring in the mindset of continuous improvement and sensible prioritization by deciding what we should do, why, and when!
- 10+ years of PM experience with demonstrated ability to build a multi quarter roadmap and shipping products to achieve it
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field or the equivalent experience working on technical products and platforms
- Technical Depth – you are comfortable working with APIs, collaborating with Engineering on system design tradeoffs, can break down requirements into dependencies across multiple teams and can independently work with senior engineers
- Customer centricity – you thrive on spending time directly with customers, establishing close relationships, and becoming their go to partners
- Metrics and impact driven – you have a keen sense of translating customer needs into product solutions that create value and drive business outcomes
- Set the pace – you understand the scale of the opportunity ahead of you and move with urgency to deliver meaningful impact to your customers
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.