Experienced Software Engineer - Risk Engineering (Trust Platform)
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2024
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
The Trust Platform team is dedicated to creating and maintaining a secure and trustworthy environment for Plaid’s consumers, customers, and the broader ecosystem. Risk Defense is one of the three sub-teams under Trust Platform, with the mission to protect Plaid and our ecosystem against fraud and abuse activities by building risk defense solutions and capabilities to detect and mitigate abuse across all Plaid products.
You will be responsible for building risk defenses that help Plaid detect and mitigate abuse activities across Plaid’s products. You will help develop and iterate on our risk detection, mitigation and resolution strategies as risk scenarios/business requirements evolve. You will partner closely with data scientists, product managers and other cross-functional partners to build business insights, develop product features and respond to fraud attacks and risk issues across the ecosystem. You will partner with the different product teams to influence our product direction and roadmap to improve the robustness of products against fraud & abuse. You will navigate organizational and technical complexity to devise innovative solutions and execute on the team’s most challenging problems. You will scale your impact across the team, both through technical leadership and mentorship of other junior and senior engineers
- Responsible for the success in our mission to protect Plaid’s products, consumers and broader ecosystem against all fraud and abuse activities.
- Lead and directly contribute to one of the most critical work streams and goals for the top one focus of the company in 2024, Remember Me.
- Gain extensive collaboration opportunities with XFN leaders across the company (risk, security, legal, GTM, etc.), influence the product strategies and directions across all Plaid products.
- Help to automate how operation teams review and respond to new or ongoing attacks.
- 8+ years of experience with extensive experience in software engineering with a proven track record of shipping successful projects.
- Experience in Risk/Trust/Integrity Engineering domain with hands on experience building end to end risk solutions.
- Past experience in a technical lead position
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to mentor and guide junior engineers.
- Excellent coding, testing and system design skillsExcellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working with product, design, and data science
- (Preferred) Experience in developing end to end data systems/products and productionizing ML models is a strong plus for this role.
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.