Experienced Software Engineer - Traffic
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2024
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
The Traffic Team is responsible for building the scheduling platform for all of traffic at Plaid as well as building the optimization models. The team primarily develops new capabilities in the traffic platform as well as training, experimenting and deploying ML models for optimized extraction. The goal is to achieve efficiency and data freshness.
We are looking for a Software Engineer for the Traffic team to help build the next-gen traffic management system. This will mean building new capabilities for the traffic platform and scheduler service. In addition, you will also build, experiment and deploy traffic optimization models using Machine Learning. The team works cross-functionally with Product, Data Science and ML teams at Plaid. If you want to have a huge impact on Plaid’s top company goals of helping to build and optimize the traffic scheduling system at Plaid, this role is for you.
- Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders, Product, ML and Data Science teams at Plaid to help set the technical strategy and roadmap for the team.
- Ensure that the roadmap aligns with organization and company-wide strategiesIdeate opportunities, identify challenges, and advocate for high impact projects.
- Grow and mentor other engineers by providing consistent, high quality peer feedback, and identify opportunities for peer growth.
- Provide high quality feedback on technical and product design documents and code reviews that incorporate industry best practices and fosters a high bar of engineering maturity.
- Be a trusted member of the on-call rotation.
- Ideate and advocate for technical and process changes, following operational best practices, to increase system reliability.
- 5-7 years as Software Engineer experience primarily working on backend.
- Experience in large scale system design and evidence of technical breath that would allow them to ramp up quickly on our service architecture.
- Experience working with databases, AWS framework, K8, SQLExcellent coding and testing abilities.
- We're guided by our principles, including impact, know your customer, grow together, HEART (humility, energy, ambition, resilience, teamwork). We are looking for engineers who are motivated by those same principles.
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.